Feel like part of the team before day one

Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for less than a year

Pros

In my 13 years, I have never worked for a company that makes you feel like part of the team so quickly. During the first 10 minutes of the interview, I knew I had to work here. It was not your standard "grilling" of questions you normally get. Instead it felt like a casual conversation, a group of people getting to know each other. You are asked questions to make sure you are a technical and culture fit, but it is done in such a way that you don't even remember you are being interviewed.

People Services (HR) really understands that interviews are a two-way street, and they want to make sure you get time to ask your questions, and that you fully understand the position and the culture. I have never had so much contact from People Services about a status update in the past. Most places you won't hear anything after a interview, till they have an offer. Bandwidth reaches out to you every step of the way.

The company and People Services strongly believe in, making sure people are happy so that they stay. Any concerns are listened to.

Everyone that I have meet since being an employee loves their job, believes in the company and what they are doing. The company really shows they trust and believe in their employees too. Some of the benefits offered are just not heard of at any other company.

Cons

The starting days off is a bit less then what I am use to. However you do get more days of PTO after your first year.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Other Reviews for Bandwidth

Awful -fake & full of it

I worked at Bandwidth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Can't think of any pros with this company

Cons

I worked for this company for many many & held multiple positions. I saw a ton of long term employees go & the majority of them went in a very negative way. The second you voice your opinion that is not in agreement with upper management no matter how long you're there or how experienced you are you are ostracized. If you are a woman or over 25 your chances of being heard or kept on long term diminish even further. Sad to say upper management says what they want you to hear but then behind closed doors it's the "boys club".Let's not forget the bullying-yelling & demeaning way management speaks to their employees although again if you keep your mouth shut-head down & say nothing you'll be fine. Makes for a wonderful -stress free work enviroment

Say what you mean & mean what you say.

Fantastic Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been a Bandwidth employee for right at a year now, and I'm hard-pressed to find anything negative to say. It's rare to find a company that does exciting work, in a very stable environment, while caring so much about the employee experience.

Here's a quick-hits list of why Bandwidth is so great:
    * Exciting work - we're changing the way people communicate, powering companies like Skype, Google, Vonage, and Pinger. We use bleeding edge technologies to build massively scalable voice and data solutions, and it's a lot of fun.
    * Fantastic benefits - No health insurance premiums with low co-pays and deductibles. 401k, dental, life insurance... you get the picture.
    * Work/Life Balance - when you take a vacation, your boss instructs your co-workers to not email you lest you be tempted to respond. If he discovers you're working too many hours, the CEO will come by daily and send you home.
    * Corporate Culture - the company pours tons of investment into the employee experience. Spirit week included a scavenger hunt, pizza eating competition, trivia bowl, wear your PJs to work day, and a hilarious executive dance-off. A few weeks earlier, we had a corn hole tournament. There are staff dedicated to making these things happen, and they're all documented by the company videographer/photographer.
    * Workspace - the Raleigh office used to be Red Hat's, and they built it out right. The Denver office is in the heart of LoDo, a block from Coors Field.
    * Great Management - the people running the show are incredibly smart. They're also extremely approachable. I think the CEO knows all 300+ employees by name, and can tell you meaningful things about most everybody in the company.

I wanted the experience of a startup without the financial risks and ridiculous hours, and this is it!

Cons

Any organization of size has challenges ensuring that priorities are aligned across the business. We definitely have some of that going on, especially when you consider how many things are happening in the company. The good news is that if you ask for guidance, management will give it to you.

Don't change the employee experience - it's your greatest asset.

There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth.

Worked for Bandwidth? Contribute to the Community!