There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth

Exceptional company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Bandwidth full-time

Pros

David Morken, incredible leadership, visionary, innovative, lots of smart people, great work-life balance, outstanding benefits, solid compensation, amazing culture, strong focus on helping others, great incentives for wellness like exercise programs for PTO

Cons

bonus plan, more stake in the game like profit sharing or options, lack of processes can be difficult at times

52 Other Employee Reviews for Bandwidth (View Most Recent)

Temporary employee for less than a month

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is fantastic. Do NOT be discouraged by the negativity of some reviews here. I've learned over time that usually the negativity is because someone didn't get their way about something.
    There definitely is not the "Big Company" feel that you get with some other places.
    People actually LOVE their jobs!
    There is a great "team" mentality. Everyone works together towards a common goal.
    There is pretty good communication, but I may be slightly biased because my last company had zero communication.

Cons

Training is more of a "trial by fire" training. You shadow somebody for a couple of hours to get the hang of the systems, and then you're kind of on your own -- However, you do have a LOT of support from everyone on the team.
    No benefits for temporary employees.

Keep it up. From what I've seen, you're doing great!

Not OK

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Bandwidth as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

CEO - He is probably the best thing in Bandwidth. You will get 1.5 hour of lunch if you are work out kind of guy. You will be served beer on thursday after noon and lots of endorsement deal with local people.

Cons

There is not real path. The company is putting to much emphasis on becoming next google or facebook and wasting money on silly idea. If you are good speaker and know flattering the senior management you would be happy but if you are a strategic person who do right then you will not survive here. Their API are not strong because that has been developed by some developer speak a lot and believe in show off.

Hire some real technical people who have some knowledge not just good presentation skill. Write one or two good application or program rather than chasing the rabbit. I literally hear from my director is to make the application without any design in his word " just finish the work and we will see if that would survive or not"

There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth

Worked for Bandwidth? Contribute to the Community!