Bandwidth

www.bandwidth.com
  www.bandwidth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth

Great place to let your career stagnate!

Former Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Bandwidth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stellar health benefits, emphasis on fitness.

Cons

Management has no vision for the future of the company. They are constantly chasing the next thing they hope will make the upper tier rich, while forcing the worker bees to work 24/7. Since the organization functions in a constant state of disarray, any claims of work/life balance are a joke (and probably written by HR in response to the real reviews which are negative). In my time there we were mandated to be on call and working on nights, weekends and even Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Between the constant lay-offs of middle management, plus many departures you can expect to have a new boss every few months. There are 0 plans for development or career growth. In fact many employees don't even have job descriptions and their roles are constantly being changed.

The other claims about the boys clubs clique are 100% true. You won't move up at Bandwidth because one of the senior managers will hire a friend or old frat brother to do a job they are not qualified for, instead of developing existing staff.

Clean house, get back to your roots.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Bandwidth (View Most Recent)

I never want to leave!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture:
    From the moment I walked in the door for my interview, I knew I wanted to work at Bandwidth. I had never heard of the company, but I applied on a whim and I am so glad that I did. The people that work in this company are so passionate and dedicated to what they do every day. The culture is what makes Bandwidth what it is. People want to be at work. They want to work to make the company better. There is such a strong sense of teamwork and companionship in every project that is created.

Benefits:
    The benefits at Bandwidth are amazing. Probably the most noted and awesome of these is the health focus. Bandwidth pushes to get people healthy and active with options including fresh fruit in the break rooms, 1.5 hour "fitness" lunch, on campus fitness classes, and a free gym membership with consistent attendance. Plus, to add back to the strong culture, there are team fitness challenges which encourage the company as a whole to achieve different fitness goals.

Recruitment:
    The people that Bandwidth hires are truly "the best." It takes time to bring someone on the team to make sure that that person not only fits the job description, but also fits within our culture. That is a part of why people love this company; they truly love what they do and love who they work with. The people who work here, want to come to work in the morning. They look forward to what they can accomplish on a day-to-day basis.

CEO:
    Here we are, about to break 400 people strong, and our CEO knows just about every name of every person in our company plus he can usually remember where you've worked, your family members' names, and lots of other details. He's so personable on an employee level, but he's also very professional and passionate about his job. He loves what he does and takes care not only of the business, but of his people too.

Cons

As of right now, I have nothing to complain about. It is such an awesome place to be.

Bad place to work

I worked at Bandwidth

Pros

If you like working with a bunch of kids

Cons

Management is weak and so is products

There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth