My experience has been very good and I am proud to work for a comapny that gives back..

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

-The company gives back charitably
-Invests in the development of associates
-Puts pets and people first
-High quality medicine practiced
-Good benefits-Have not found another company that has benefits this good in the industry.
-Regular reviews and opportunities to goal set and prepare for personal and professional growth
-Promotes from within regularly

Cons

Took a while to get to this place where the rewards of the new processes and pracitces are finally being recognized. Take opportunities to connect the home office and thehospitals to build communication.

Continue in the direction you are going. The investment you are making in people makes a difference to us.

Other Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Overall experience depends upon the current Field Director; can be great and positive or frustrating and disappointing

Current Employee - Lead Veterinary Tech Assistant
    Current Employee - Lead Veterinary Tech Assistant

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

Freedom to make decisions at the hospital level regarding hiring/firing; freedom to be in control of day to day operations w/o constant upper management's input.

Cons

Entire positive atmosphere can be shattered when a new Field Director takes over; a lot of turnover in upper management. Constant pressure to sell OWPs, increase client/pet count, reach goals but no rewards.

Re-evaluate the goal of veterinary medicine - we are not a candy company (MARS corp owns Banfield) so stop trying to run Banfield like a retail store. Goal should be medicine focused not high output, low costs, big payouts to upper management but no reward or motivation for hospital personnel to work hard. Unfortunately, after working at the mid management level for over two years, I have to agree that ALL of the negative press about Banfield IS true. It's a corporately owned, corporately run, money over medicine based company.

Quick paced, computerized, good quality practice opportunity

Current Employee - Veterinarian
    Current Employee - Veterinarian

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

good systems/standards, ability to learn about business aspect/management, great production based compensation, medical support

Cons

tedious software, high percentage prev care may become monotonous, long evening/weekend hours

Increase wages for paraprofessionals to attract higher quality candidates

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital.

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!