Banfield Pet Hospital

www.banfield.com
There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Good company that has good intentions, but is missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere.

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Humble, TX
Current Employee - Practice Manager in Humble, TX

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Comprehensive health care for pets, wellness plans can make preventive care more affordable for owners. Hours can be flexible due to the extended hours of the hospitals.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy gets in the way of operating the business. Decisions about management in the hospital and pet care should not always be dictated by a "one-size-fits-all" approach from the corporation.

Don't micro-manage and expect perfection.

332 Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital (View Most Recent)

Value quantity over quality.

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience working with animals, high level of associate engagement and "family" environment, made life-long friendships, helping clients or animals in need, appreciation from clients

Cons

Very stressful, long hours, too much work for the low pay, doctors rely too heavily on nurses, aggressive clientele, no recognition or praise from higher ups, "just a number" in the eyes of a very large corporation, cannot practice quality medicine because it does not generate enough revenue and is too time consuming, willing to fire experienced and hard working staff to save a few bucks on salary, hire managers that are underqualified and with no formal education, promotions are very politically based and most of the highers ups are in "cliques."

I enjoyed working for this company until recent changes in management at the hospital level made it very difficult. I was a very hardworking, dedicated employee who had never received a written communication memo and suddenly received two with in three months time for not meeting the wellness plan precentage for the quarter. I had no other option but to seek employment elsewhere as I was imminently facing termination. I feel this expectation is ridiculous as my position with this company was not in sales. This corporation is so money hungry they are willing to terminate or push hard working, experienced and dedicated employees out the door in order to hire people willing to work for a lesser pay.

Very stressful, lots of deadlines. Customer reactions can be strong.

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love of pets and caring for them working with a really good team and developing skills for technicians and nurses. Growth of paid time off days and floater holidays is good.

Cons

Very stressful, lots of requirements and rules that sometimes stress out the staff. Customers can be very demanding and unforgiving and their reactions and complaints can be unnerving even if you didn't do what they say you did. There is no work life balance. Medical staff work 10 hours shifts and sometimes those days can run long and one still has to be back at 8am! The health insurance has a very high deductible.

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital