Banfield Pet Hospital

www.banfield.com

Great starter career, not long term.

Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat starter career. They work to cross train most associates to give them well rounded resumes and skill sets. The company also attempts a "2 year plan" Ideally they would like associates to move up in the company within two years. Great overall vision for pet health care. Generally good benefits.

ConsNot ideal for non mobile associates. If you can move out of state when needed you can move up quickly. They typically hire non veterinary associates to run the hospitals, leaving staff wanting for better support and management. Not a good work/life balance. The company believes if associates are not available 7-7-7 they are not ideal full time associates. Pay is so-so. Not ideal for long term career. If you work in the corporate office, life is great, in the field not so much. No unions to protect associates. You can be demoted without question.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates in the field! Hire associates with veterinary experience to lead the hospitals!! Extend the same work/life balance offered to corporate associates at CTS to hospital associates.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Training and experience, but nothing more

Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros: They train on the job. It is great for people who want to get veterinary experience, but don't know where to start. At my location the… Cons: The pay is abysmal. Get your training here and then jump ship to a private clinic. You'll be paid A LOT more. Managers don't really listen.… Advice to Senior Management: I know your main focus is making money, but you need to pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great veterinarians but bad level of veterinary care being provided.

Veterinary T (Former Employee)

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros: Great continuing education, benefits, the teams usually get along well and the veterinarians I have worked with have all… Cons: Consent pressure from corporate to sell the more expensive wellness plans. At one point we were being told we need to "triple penetrate" the clients… Advice to Senior Management: Care more about the quality of medicine you are providing and forget about the pressure from corporate. Do not continue… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Banfield Pet Hospital.

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!