Banfield Pet Hospital
www.banfield.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Great starter career, not long term.

Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat starter career. They work to cross train most associates to give them well rounded resumes and skill sets. The company also attempts a "2 year plan" Ideally they would like associates to move up in the company within two years. Great overall vision for pet health care. Generally good benefits.

ConsNot ideal for non mobile associates. If you can move out of state when needed you can move up quickly. They typically hire non veterinary associates to run the hospitals, leaving staff wanting for better support and management. Not a good work/life balance. The company believes if associates are not available 7-7-7 they are not ideal full time associates. Pay is so-so. Not ideal for long term career. If you work in the corporate office, life is great, in the field not so much. No unions to protect associates. You can be demoted without question.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates in the field! Hire associates with veterinary experience to lead the hospitals!! Extend the same work/life balance offered to corporate associates at CTS to hospital associates.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Overall a good company

Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee)
Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Large scale corporation of veterinary hospitals. Many hospitals equipped with state of the art equipment. Continued education encouraged, sometimes compensated.… Cons: Pressure to upsell. The bad reputation Banfield gets from clients… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Training and experience, but nothing more

Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros: They train on the job. It is great for people who want to get veterinary experience, but don't know where to start. At my location the… Cons: The pay is abysmal. Get your training here and then jump ship to a private clinic. You'll be paid A LOT more. Managers don't really listen.… Advice to Senior Management: I know your main focus is making money, but you need to pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Banfield Pet Hospital.

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banfield Pet Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banfield Pet Hospital CEO Tony Ueber. All reviews posted anonymously by Banfield Pet Hospital employees.