Banfield Pet Hospital
www.banfield.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Understaffed and overbooked

Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for less than a year

ProsThere's a lot of security in working for Banfield. You're guaranteed hours, benefits, and health care for you pets. There are many opportunities to move up in the company and there is almost a Banfield everywhere.

ConsBanfield doesn't seem concerned with burning their staff out. They push for so many pets to be seen but aren't provided provisions for adequate staffing. I hate how much they make us push for unnecessary products and services with clients and that sometimes strains the client relationship. The hours worked are ridiculous. Working an 11-12 hour shift has become normal to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease put more care into Staff! Having a team full of crabby, burned out, over-worked people is ultimately not best for clients and patients and they aren't given the best experience they could have. We need more staff to help take care of the 10 billion responsibilities that are required of us.

Banfield has come a long ways

CSC (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Since Mars as become our parent company, CEO an VP have been replaced the culture is moving in a positive direction. The CEO and VP… Cons: Can be stressful. A bad apple stays in the basket… Advice to Senior Management: Health insurance for all associates. Remove bad apples faster. Banfield is worried to much about unemployment insurance as they are losing other good associates because… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible...

Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee)
Waterbury, CT

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time for less than a year

Pros: Wonderful experience with animals and fellow pet lovers! Very rewarding Cons: Not the pay I was told to expect... Only got… Advice to Senior Management: Give the hours you promise!! Notify employee if commitment cannot… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Banfield Pet Hospital.

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banfield Pet Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banfield Pet Hospital CEO Tony Ueber. All reviews posted anonymously by Banfield Pet Hospital employees.