There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Unique culture

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great-free optimum wellness plan, discounted Mars candy, onsite bistro, free parking, good bonus

Cons

Location is a bit out of the way, really have to buy into the Mars culture-a lot of associate engagement is expected.

261 Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital (View Most Recent)

Should be called Starbucks Pet Hospital

Current Employee - Veterinarian
    Current Employee - Veterinarian

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good, lots of locations

Cons

Long hours, little recognition, poor leadership from regional level up who have no idea of what happens in veterinary hospitals, huge influx of leaders from retail or restaurant industries who have no business managing hospitals and view medicine no differently than selling lattes. Overly focused on money and constantly drive doctors to sell. Politics galore, group think mentality, not open to innovation or creativity

Realize that the glowing 5 star ratings from Portland are planted by the corporate recruiting and media machines to improve Banfield's dismal image. They do not paint a realistic picture of this company.

Banfield Pet Hospital Vet Assistant

Former Employee - Vet Assistant  in  Oviedo, FL
    Former Employee - Vet Assistant in Oviedo, FL

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always around cute puppies, protocols are enforced for your safety as well as the pet's safety. Employees are allowed up to 3 free wellness plans for their pets. I love the wellness plans, they are convenient and include lab diagnostics. I can get my pet's teeth cleaned every year. I like that Banfield provides employees with numerous training tools as well as giving their employees discounts with AT&T and 50% off on Royal Canin food. Whenever you sign a client up on a wellness plan you get an extra $5 added to your paycheck.

Cons

It's hard to get full time hours if you're not a certified vet tech. Because Banfield is corporate they can use your paid time off whenever if you didn't use it. They can also add breaks if you didn't clock out for a break.

Full time hours and benefits should be given to employees who want it and have shown leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!