There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Unique culture

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great-free optimum wellness plan, discounted Mars candy, onsite bistro, free parking, good bonus

Cons

Location is a bit out of the way, really have to buy into the Mars culture-a lot of associate engagement is expected.

reviews filtered by

Good place if you want used car salesmen managing hospitals....

Former Employee - Associate Veterinarian in Johnston, RI
    Former Employee - Associate Veterinarian in Johnston, RI

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. That's about it.

Cons

High turnover due to poor work environment. They hire lots of new grads and people with little to no animal care experience to save $$. Reluctant to invest in equipment or personnel. Not at all sensitive to the stresses and problems that are seen with running a hospital (how can they be, when management is not medically trained?). Their expectations are unrealistic (tell me how we are supposed to greet everyone that walks by, answer the phone in 3 rings or less AND have a tech monitoring surgery when you only allow one tech on at a time and the front desk person is only part time??

Doctors should not be worrying about kowtowing to upset clients who feel the need to call and complain to an 800#, reciting a script for possible "mystery shoppers", and fitting their days into your artificial time frames. Let vets do their jobs and not worry about your politics and marketing.

2. Banfield Pet Hospital Vet Assistant

Former Employee - Vet Assistant in Oviedo, FL
    Former Employee - Vet Assistant in Oviedo, FL

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always around cute puppies, protocols are enforced for your safety as well as the pet's safety. Employees are allowed up to 3 free wellness plans for their pets. I love the wellness plans, they are convenient and include lab diagnostics. I can get my pet's teeth cleaned every year. I like that Banfield provides employees with numerous training tools as well as giving their employees discounts with AT&T and 50% off on Royal Canin food. Whenever you sign a client up on a wellness plan you get an extra $5 added to your paycheck.

Cons

It's hard to get full time hours if you're not a certified vet tech. Because Banfield is corporate they can use your paid time off whenever if you didn't use it. They can also add breaks if you didn't clock out for a break.

Full time hours and benefits should be given to employees who want it and have shown leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital