Great pay crap management.

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits and pay are very nice.

Cons

Practice managers are close minded and afraid of change.

Please learn to communicate with your staff. Ask how they are doing and discuss performance issues before writing people up without them knowing anything is wrong.

Other Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

I love Banfield I've been there as a pet nurse for 5.5years.

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

Team, protocols, structure of doing tests, getting ready for surgeries etc. the motto giving the best care as you want for yourself for your pets is defiantly true!

Cons

Other Banfield hospitals may have poor team leadership making people hate Banfield. Really it's the one Banfield they had a bad expierence with not the one say I work at. It's about the people who work there if your going to have a positive experience with the company..just like in general any other company

When you promise something to a team member.. Go through with it. I was made DPN a long Time ago did the position for 2 years plus promised me a $2 raise never got it.. Then field leadership changed...even with proof of emails of me being promised my $2 more per hour they wouldn't give it to me. Also get rid of the practice manager role and go back to OM and DPN some peoples hearts are with the pets and want to strictly work in the back and not do all the office work that's why these positions should be separated not together.

Even with free wellness plan, I never took my pets there!

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Washington, DC

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some wonderful, hardworking, caring colleagues. Opportunity to gain experience working with animals and clients.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible management. Terrible hours. Inexperienced, overconfident doctors.

I am aware that it is a business, but care should come before production numbers. With a mission statement that includes phrasing like "treating pets like family", Banfield should know better. If that's your idea of how you should treat family, you make an excellent case for emancipation. I worked with completely incompetent doctors who put pet's lives in danger on an almost daily basis. When I, along with several of my coworkers, brought this to management's attention, the reply was "his/her numbers are good". As much as I loved working with pets and their owners, I finally had to quit for moral reasons. I could no longer bear witness to the atrocities that became commonplace. Total disregard for the pets and the blatant attempts to rip off our clients with aggressive upselling of products and services their pets did not need. Shame on you. How do you sleep at night?

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital.

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!