There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

I love Banfield I've been there as a pet nurse for 5.5years.

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

Team, protocols, structure of doing tests, getting ready for surgeries etc. the motto giving the best care as you want for yourself for your pets is defiantly true!

Cons

Other Banfield hospitals may have poor team leadership making people hate Banfield. Really it's the one Banfield they had a bad expierence with not the one say I work at. It's about the people who work there if your going to have a positive experience with the company..just like in general any other company

When you promise something to a team member.. Go through with it. I was made DPN a long Time ago did the position for 2 years plus promised me a $2 raise never got it.. Then field leadership changed...even with proof of emails of me being promised my $2 more per hour they wouldn't give it to me. Also get rid of the practice manager role and go back to OM and DPN some peoples hearts are with the pets and want to strictly work in the back and not do all the office work that's why these positions should be separated not together.

274 Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital (View Most Recent)

Depends highly on your coworkers

Current Employee - CSC
    Current Employee - CSC

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

**Depends on the location you're working**
    -PTO
    -Wellness plan for pets
    -"cross training" means that you'll learn skills whether you want to (or not)

Cons

-Everything goes back to corporate policies.
    -dealing with stupid clients, sometimes not even our clients just demanding things we can't give (e.g. heartworm over the counter)
    -if manager is money hungry, it doesn't matter if the dog is the most aggressive dog in the world, we have to see them.
    -always overbooking, or making the booking really tight to earn more money
    -long hours, assumption that you are willing to work long hours, sometimes without lunch

some practice managers are great. learn from those. the money hungry ones that kiss your ass, look at their retention rate and you'll know if people like working there.

Great pay crap management.

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits and pay are very nice.

Cons

Practice managers are close minded and afraid of change.

Please learn to communicate with your staff. Ask how they are doing and discuss performance issues before writing people up without them knowing anything is wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital