Banfield Pet Hospital

www.banfield.com
  www.banfield.com
There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Even with free wellness plan, I never took my pets there!

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Washington, DC

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some wonderful, hardworking, caring colleagues. Opportunity to gain experience working with animals and clients.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible management. Terrible hours. Inexperienced, overconfident doctors.

I am aware that it is a business, but care should come before production numbers. With a mission statement that includes phrasing like "treating pets like family", Banfield should know better. If that's your idea of how you should treat family, you make an excellent case for emancipation. I worked with completely incompetent doctors who put pet's lives in danger on an almost daily basis. When I, along with several of my coworkers, brought this to management's attention, the reply was "his/her numbers are good". As much as I loved working with pets and their owners, I finally had to quit for moral reasons. I could no longer bear witness to the atrocities that became commonplace. Total disregard for the pets and the blatant attempts to rip off our clients with aggressive upselling of products and services their pets did not need. Shame on you. How do you sleep at night?

301 Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital (View Most Recent)

Hostile environment -

Former Employee - Practice Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Practice Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with some of the co-workers & clients

Cons

Being told your position was one thing and then finding out you had to do everything. Working with a Veterinarian who had her favorites and many employees certainly were not them, also they were refused off and never got a chance to become a better employee.. She berated many people including employees in public. And lied to upper management about them.

They should do better training for all employees. Also they should listen to everyone, not just the Veterinarians. If someone disagreed with Vet or Management. the were shunned & some how punished.

Lots of favoritism and mistrust

Former Employee - Practice Manager
    Former Employee - Practice Manager

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with pets, interaction with pet parents and PetSmart associates, managers.

Cons

Too much focus on upselling. Poorly trained veterinarians, unethical upper management staff, practice manager isn't really a manager, is a Client Service Coordinator.

Stop with the phony buzz word of the week mentality. Treat your practice managers the same, stop having favorites! If you feel a manager isn't doing his or her job, talk to them, don't lie and make up things just to get "rid of them". Bad Chief of Staff position, many are not qualified or trained for this role and it takes a toll on morale at hospitals as well as preventing practice managers from doing their jobs due to interference by COS.

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital