Banfield Pet Hospital

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Decent experience

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician
Former Employee - Veterinary Technician

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Being able to work with animals, client relationships, learning experience

Cons

Low salaries,long days, corporate mindset, hard to advance

Techs need more hands on training. Petware doesn't really teach you anything. It's like learning to drive a car without ever having been behind the wheel.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital (View Most Recent)

Politics, corporate greed, and clueless leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros

It's great to be around pets all day, and to be able to visit at the hospitals as a corporate employee is fantastic. The doctors do a great job with what stress they are put under. The equipment they have in their hospitals seem to be pretty good, although their blood analyzers (CBT) are outdated.

Cons

The leadership at corporate is almost entirely focused on money. How to get more people signed up on wellness plans, how to make the doctors work more hours, and how to hire the least expensive techs. They constantly monitor the financial performance of the hospitals, yet don't monitor the medical quality much at all. They make you wait several months before your benefits kick in, and even then it's a really high deductible. High occurrences of pet deaths across all hospitals without in depth analysis of why they occurred is very scary. Doctors are mostly fresh out of school and are not given much downtime to attend continuing ed opportunities.

I'll give some, but they are so arrogant and headstrong they likely won't listen. Get balanced in your approach to measurements of performance. It's not all about the money. Treat people with respect, and really live the values you say you believe in. Stop pretending to take input from associates, and actually listen.

Don't work for Banfield

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are amazing. We all struggle day to day with the crap we deal with. New doctors every single day... Managers complaining... Terrible clients. We get 3 free wellness plans but I would never bring my dogs in to see these "doctors"

Cons

If you want to work in retail this is the job for you. The focus should be on pets but that's the last thing on Banfields mind. They want you to sell wellness plans so they can take clients money. They hire doctors who can't handle their job! They sit there and complain about what you do wrong rather than thanking you for help. They be little you as a person. My PM is awesome and I personally feel bad for her taking on such a crappy hospital. Our "field leadership" and "medical director" is a complete JOKE. They pretend to care but honestly they're there to complain about numbers being low. BANFIELD IS A SCAM. Clients know you don't care about them or their pet, they know you just want their money. It sucks for people like myself when taking care of animals is your passion but that gets pushed aside because this company sucks. You'd think this snobby company would spend money on advertising but nope! Not Banfield. They want to add more and more to your list of duties but don't want to give a decent raise. I've worked for Banfield for 2 years and got a .95 raise. HILARIOUS! I can't wait to be done with college and work for a real company! I can see this company go down hill. Can't wait.

Learn to care about your employees. Don't act so snobby! You feel like everyone should worship the ground you walk in. You all do an amazing job at making your employees hate you and hate this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital