There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Great Place to work at their home office!

Former Employee - Client Financial Service in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Client Financial Service in Portland, OR

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Banfield had great wages for call center work, with nice monthly bonuses. The managers for their Financial Services team had some stumbles, but by the end it was fantastic team that I was sorry to leave.

Cons

Not much interaction as a team, you would get off the phones on average once a week for a 20 minute 'huddle' and even that was introduced after I joined. You're there for one thing, to make money back or the company. Very hard to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Perhaps bring some interaction to your team a little more? They were working on it when I left though.

Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Your staff is only as good as it's management.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros: Free Wellness plans. Pto. Floater hours. Gets you used to high stress situations.

Cons

Overload of patients. Having to see sometimes 50 patients a day is stressful for Two doctors and 2-3 Techs. Overworked for very little pay. Having to run in and out of rooms because we have little staff and are trying to keep out clients happy. Having Doctors stressing us to move faster because they are stressed out. Having to go over treatment plans before the Doctor has even examined the pet. Having to go over wellness plans with clients who will not benefit from them. Being scolded by clients for always shoving owp down their throats. We need bigger Hospitals to have a more stress free environment for pets and employees. Smelly hospital. Missing cabinet doors. Nasty exam rooms and floors. Billion Dollar company but we can't have simple things fixed when they are broken. Sometimes no time to walk dogs so they poop and pee in kennels. Having to work a lot without any assistants. Lazy Management. More worried about making a Quota versus being realistic about treatment plan.

Advice to Management

Your team is only has good as it's leader no matter how wonderful and hardworking the employees. More then half of our staff has quit in the past 6 months. If you give people a reason to stay they will stay. When we are short staff you sit on your butt doing work you should come in to do on your off days because we need a lending hand but because of your attitude nobody wants to ask you for help EVER! Relationships with some employees are too personal causes for biased treatment and micromanagement by employees who are not managers. Talking to favored employees about issues with other unflavored employees is very unprofessional. You will gain no trust nor respect by being a Manger who has "Bestfriend" employees. You have let a great staff walk out of the door without even fighting for them to stay because of pride. The ones of us who have done are job right were sick of the ones who don't like to work or throw fellow employees under the bus being rewarded. Blaming us for being out of stock of important products or meds, blaming us for being poorly trained, blaming us for your staff leaving. Maybe if you would take some responsibility and made it easier to talk to you we would of stayed. Every employee that left no matter if they moved or had another job opportunity would have stayed if they LOVED their job no matter what the situation.

2. Run while you can

Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with people who truly care about pets. Okay benefits and free wellness plans

Cons

Consistently denied breaks, lunch breaks cut short reprimanded for complaining about it, I have been working here for 3 years and only make 11.50, overworked and understaffed, hours cut to barely full time, dismissive attitude toward staff concerns

Advice to Management

If you are actually concerned about employee turnover and engagement you could try listening to us