Banfield Pet Hospital

A good starting place!

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Murrieta, CA
Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Murrieta, CA

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

I learned alot with Banfield. I had the good fortune to work at 2 different and great Banfields. Upper management is concentrated on money, but overall pet care was good. I worked with great doctors and was promoted quickly and given raises often.

Cons

All medicine is dictated by protocol, so the doctors don't really get to practice medicine as they woul like. Other people had problems advancing and getting raises. If you work hard and reeally good at what you do, I don't think it should be an issue.

Your pay scale is a bit low for the more experienced, and well qualified.

291 Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital (View Most Recent)

STAY AWAY

Current Employee - PetNurse in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - PetNurse in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

If you love animals, you get to do the job you want, provided it is within Banfield Protocols.

Cons

Advancement is non existent for qualified individuals, especially after a recent "re-working" of the available positions.
    If someone deserves to be fired for behavior or performance issues, it takes FOREVER!! And the rest of the staff is left picking up the slack.
    Good doctors are hit or miss, since nearly every doctor that can't get a job elsewhere can probably get hired at Banfield.
    Pay scales are standardized. A person with years of experience will begin at the same rate as a highschool kid trying to get a first job.
    In all, my experience with Banfield has been a disappointment, and I cannot wait until I am hired elsewhere.

Give credit to those that deserve it, and dismiss those that don't.

inconsistent

Current Employee - PetNurse in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - PetNurse in DFW, TX

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital

Pros

can be one of the most rewarding positions, but satisfaction as well as pet care varies widely by location

Cons

everything from work/life balance to pet care vary widely from location to location

promote from within, return to practice of having all new hires into mgmt from outside of the company, spend time training in all positions at a hospital, reestablish regional training hospital locations, value doctors and individual team members

There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital