Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

It's all in who you work for.....

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

The best reason to work at Bank of America would definitely be to get the name on your resume and hopefully to make some good money. In this environment, banking jobs are hard to come by so a good opportunity with the company wouldn't be a bad career move. I personally think that your experience at the bank, due to its large size, will be VERY dependent on what city you live in, what division you work in, and who your manager is. Some managers are highly incompetent, and poor motivators, others are great motivators, great leaders, and inspire you to work hard. So when you interview, assess your manager very well.

Cons

The downside of working at Bank of America would definitely be that the size of the Company means some groups are mch better to work in than others, meaning your experience could be a crap shoot. In this environment, banking jobs are hard to come by, and there is a lot of stress and worry about being downsized, so a safer industry may be more appealing right now. If you go, try to negotiate severance up front. I can't stress how much your experience at the bank will be VERY dependent on what city you live in, what division you work in, and who your manager is. Some managers are highly incompetent, and poor motivators, others are great motivators, great leaders, and inspire you to work hard. So when you interview, assess your manager very well.

Take a hard look at what you offer displaced employees. The Company lets a lot of talented people go and does not have very effective methods of trying to reposition the talented employees within the organization. In my time at the bank, I've seen a lot of talented people leave for negligible amounts of money. The bank would be a better place if they were able to keep some of these people.

7148 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

GOOD

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

awesome company it was great to work for and they did a good job at making me better at what they are doing it was a good experience and I learned a lot about the banking world and how it worked. I liked it a lot because it paid well and did a good job of letting me see the big picture.

Cons

I cant really say anything bad about the company they did a pretty good job at everything. pay could have been better but what can I say.

probably would be a good idea to keep going they way it is right now because the company is growing and doing a pretty good job. I like that aspect of this company

If you want a stable job, this is the place.

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Job Stability because you won't get acquired.

Cons

Big Bank with Big Bank Mentality. Relationships are stressed but that doesn't always matter.

Treat the people right now because when the market changes, and it will, they won't forget. The party line of where else can you go is true right now, but won't be forever.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America