Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

A great place to grow for students with good benefits

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

It's a great opportunity for college students to get up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement while working part-time. The pay is about average for the industry, but the benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health care are very good.

Cons

In my experience working at BofA in Washington, DC the management up to the market-wide level was complacent in regular violations of worker's rights regulations by limiting employee's lunch breaks to 30 minutes regardless of hours worked. I have worked for BofA in California as well and this was never an issue there.

I would advise the management to allow employees to take the full lunch breaks they deserve, as dictated by law otherwise the high turnover rate will continue. Among colleagues that I have encountered, the duration of lunch breaks was consistently the issue of greatest concern.

7151 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Working at B of A

Current Employee - Processor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Processor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

It is a large company with different lines of businesses. Lots of opportunities to move with in the company.

Cons

Too big, sometimes it is frustrating to find the correct department to process what you want. Some incompetent people also work there.

Training all levels. They should provide mentoring for young people so they can see all aspects of the banking industry and have internships for short periods of time in other departments to develop the staff.

Very Satisfied at this HUGE bank.

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Well run organization, and given our size we are very organized. Our calaries are competive with the industry and we have a 401K match and pension plan. pension plans are VERY rare in these days and times and we still have one fully funded by the company. Overall I'm happy with the organization, although you need to move around to remain challenged in my opinion, which is good, since BofA is so large there are several opportunities and areas that you can move into.

Cons

Not all groups and business units are managed the same. For example, in some areas training is great, in others it's non-existent.

More training