There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Bank of America is a great company with alot of quirks to iron out

Current Employee - Client Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Client Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Opportunity for growth is promoted. The weekly, quarterly, and yearly reviews help you stay on track to hit your goals. The Bank of America culture promotes excellence, teamwork, and the strive for success.

Cons

too many tools, systems, processes, and policies that impede job duties. For example: If a Client Manager brings in new business during the last 3 days of any month, the Client Manager is not compensated for the production. THis is because there is a 3 day lag in the system.
A Client Manager needs to access 10 to 15 different systems and tools to perform job functions.

Find a way to make the job easier to do.

6471 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

I love my job!!!

Current Employee - Small Business Specialist  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Small Business Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I enjoy the work, I find it very fulfilling to help people with their financial goals. It is challenging work but not hard. We are very proactive to trends and changes in the marketplace. We offer lots of tools and resources for self development and their is no limit to how far you can go. Bank of America loves to promote from within. a substantial number of our associates started as tellers and are now in higher positions. We recognize talent and reward appropriately. The benefits are fantastic and are implemented quickly. In an age where many companies are removing benefits programs, Bank of America is expanding theirs.

Cons

This job is demanding if you want to progress in the company. But then again, what job isn't. Because of Bank of America's size, it is impoosible to know all of our capabilities. Sometimes, finding the person you need can be difficult. I hate hearing the horror stories that come from our clients that just can't find the right person to help them.

Keep up the good work. You've been very receptive to good ideas, and I thank you. I applaud your dedication, passion and expertise. You've been great mentors and because of you, Bank of America is well on it's way to being the most admired company.

Bank of America - an O.K. place to work

Current Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

The benefits are really excellent overall and emphasis on work/life. The 8 weeks of paid paternity/maternity leave (full pay) is really one of the best benefits around.

Cons

Not much room for growth in some areas. The transition of upper level management is rather slow. If you are in a "sales" type of position you can do very well, but if you're looking to be in a leadership role it can take quite a while. In the 6 years I've been at the bank I have seen exactly 2 positions in management/leadership open up, and only seen one immediate teammate promoted to a leadership position (of over 40 teammates)

Provide more opportunities for associates to demonstrate leadership, even if only on a temporary basis. "You don't have management experience" is a great answer, but it really only allows those that have been given an opportunity to manage a shot.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!