There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Tech vs Production at BAC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Simi Valley, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

The only limitation is self and the ability to network and grow from within. All cards are on the table if you are driven and have a goal in mind.

Cons

Being on the tech side of the house is a very thankless job. Management only cares when things don't work, then all hell breaks loose. On the other hand tech jobs will last much longer than any Project related jobs so the tradeoff might be even. I am sure this is the same anywhere else.

Learn how the buisness works better than the average person. Making decisions from 34k feet is a waste of time.

6493 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, lots of recent turmoil...

Former Employee - Manager In Corporate Workplace  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Manager In Corporate Workplace in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Stimulating environment, lots of change, lots of opportunity, candid performance feedback, ability to try different things, support for associate growth, pay for performance.

Cons

Recent turmoil and new BAC program has leaders not on the same page, can be pretty bureaucratic, cultural differences between legacy BAC, Countrywide and Merrill Lynch still pretty big but coming together, outside regulations place a brake on some creativity.

New BAC re-engineering program is a painful process but very necessary for BAC to move forward. The bank, and our group in particular had gotten pretty bloated (i.e., too many people and too many people in leadership positions) and thus inefficient.

You wont find a better employer

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager  in  Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great pay
    Excellent benefits package
    Room for growth
    Heafty amount of Vacation/personal/sick time
    Comfortable work environment
    Good work hours and flexible scheduling
    Overtime eligibility
    Pleasent people

Cons

The only con I have is working in the mortgage field can be extremely stressful, which can really get to a person, especially if you work in default, but I feel Bank of America recognizes this and rewards its employees with all the pros I listed.

Nothing. I love you.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!