Bank of America

Constantly evolving and challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

challenging, company supports promoting from within, benefits (mortgage discount, 401k, etc)

Cons

reduction in staffing levels has caused some bottlenecks in departments that is delaying efficiency of meeting customer needs.

7151 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Frustrating, Dismal, but much better than other places.

Current Employee - Technology Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Pay is good, overtime at this band level. Very smart people. Large company, great benefits lots of opportunities and different job roles. 2 weeks vacation. People are helpful and will do things if you ask.

Cons

Management doesn't inform people of decisions. Lack of communication. No sense of community and cohesiveness. So large and disconnected. No initiative to let others understand each other. No matter how diverse the organization is, unless people were brought together for a common and assisted in getting to know the organization, no one will go out of their way to do it -- everyone has work and it takes too much time to do it ourselves. HR do something about it.

Don't leave your employees in the dark. Stop treating tech like a subordinate low class role that is expendable. Tech contains the smartest minds in the company and would appreciate MORE training about the business to either A. Further the advancement of the business and eventually move into the business (every tech person would like to do this but still keep a half/half role) B. Further the advancement of tech with knowledge of how the business operates.

Not only should this happen but the structure should stop being so silo'ed. If I was treated as part of the business for all the work I do, and still did the same job function, I would feel much more involved and motivated to even help the business improve itself. As part of the team I would be looking out for my teammates and understand that every part deserves recognition. At the moment I do not feel any need to help the business except for my own benefit and interest in tech. No interest/benefit of the business.

Overwhelming size means lost in the shuffle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Flexibility of schedule
    Competent and hardworking managers

Cons

Quota promotions
    Low bonuses
    Impersonality of corporate policies and procedures

De-centralize and empower people to make decisions at lower levels

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America