There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

The company had no direction and is a terrible place to work in, employees are in constant fear of losing their jobs.

Former Employee - OFFICER - SECURITIES  in  Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - OFFICER - SECURITIES in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

good coworkers, enough vacation time.

Cons

Terrible upper management. No direction and complete disillusionment of employees.

Get a vision and follow through on it. Allow employees the ability to feel secure in their position, more work would get done.

6493 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

A strong toolbox of resources available to you that you can leverage to achieve business goals

Current Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Substantial junior resources, most of whom are aggressive and eager to work together to win a transaction. Access to all products a client may be interested in as a result of the universal bank model. However, coordination among senior product bankers and industry coverage officers appears to be declining overall anecdotally given the recent platform volatility of employment changes and the quite frankly continuing overstaffing in some low probably ares We also need to refocus US MA efforts more.

Cons

Unrelenting platform instability, continuous leadership turnover severely damages the ability to originate marquee transactions for the platform and distracts day to day bankers Many of the joint managent / key revenue produces have left in the last few weeks.

Replace management with true demonstrated relationship investment bankers who will be in the flow to assist our positioning on marquee transactions; perhaps reestablish the Executive Corporate Client Coverage Commitee. Ameliorate the substantial brand decline on campus since the merger with Merrill Lynch. Recruiting the highest calibre candidates is the key to competing effectively and have true senior bankers with relationship. I do not believe our brand achieves this. There is nothing new, it is simply a brazen melding of our two names. Analysts who work on prominent high probability M&A projects that the senior bankers primarily, quite candidly, fnde our name pedantic.

Huge company, little concern for the front-lines

Former Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

The benefits are amazing and they honor their non-profit volunteers.

Cons

Management is clueless and they promote unqualified people.

Hire competent, intelligent managers, not just ones who are "yes" people.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!