There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

It's a good company to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

They try to work with employees to balance home and work life

Cons

Not enough training and opportunities for career advancement

more communication would be great between management and associates

6593 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Bank of America is a all procedures don't apply to everyone money driven, disaster.

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are only a few great reasons I can give for working for this company. The customers, associates you work with and some management truly trying to assist you with your career goals.

Cons

The downside to working for this company heavily outweighs the pros. The executives of this company create policies and procedures they don't follow but expect the customer facing associates to follow them strategically. This company is driven by sales, if you're working in a banking center as a teller, be prepared to be demanded to meet goals (referring to every customer every time). I was once required to refer to customers even when I knew they didn't need anything. It was irritating to me to ask my favorite customers if i could upgrade their account, or add something they didn't need. If I didn't do this I would be coached and expected to do it next time. Lastly, you may be constantly promised promotions and always over looked or over shadowed by those they think are more of a perfect fit for the job. If you don't work with the grain you will be fired for even the smallest reason so be careful, do as you're told and don't cause rifts.

These are only a few Cons I've included.

If you are in upper Management of this company, have a heart and please do not be a robot. I know automation is in the works with a lot of companies especially how they do business, but please be human with your associates.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Base Salary beats market average by a big margin. Good health insurance plan. Great place to learn the latest and greates in Banking, Finance and related technologies.

Cons

Very competitive and constantly changing environment. Not a place for weak minded people or those who want a easy 9-5 job.

Get better at giving bonuses. I know the market is tough for Banks to give out bonuses, but the associates who are really working hard should be compensated accordingly, even if that means the CEO and other executives have to make a dent in their bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!