There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

B of A an excellent company to work for...but will it continue to be in the next year?

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Bank of America provides excellent benefits to their employees. My husband and have taken advantage of their tuition reimbursement program, with a value upwards of 20,000. I have great insurance, consistently receive praise from supervisors and management, have three weeks of paid vacation annually, and was offered a promotion after only 6 months with the company.

Cons

I'm somewhat concerned about upcoming changes at Bank of America given the economic climate and their recent acquisitions of other companies. The recently discontinued a 'Spirit Rewards Program,' which was used in the past to award employees for various successes. For example, I was awarded about 7,500 points in the past year which I used to purchase 350 dollars in gas card gift certificates. Additionally, hours have been cut back and there's talk of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Bring back the Spirit Reward Points, and find ways to maintain the hours promised to employees hired before this economic crisis.

reviews filtered by

Employees enjoy the work at program offered at BOA

Current Employee - Technology Project Manager - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technology Project Manager - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

BOA is amazing with the flexible work life and work at home programs they offer. The also have all jobs posted online giving you the opportunity to easily post for them. Several recognition programs exisit and each team meeting is started with recognition to team members.

Cons

Demanding and forever changing processes. It seems as soon as they roll out a process they have a change to it.
    Recently BOA has cut back on a recognition program that the employees valued due to expense reduction. Benefit offering for health care are very expensive, other employers offer the same package with out the hefty price tag offered by the bank.

Advice to Management

Although changes is a constant we should evaluate our process with the mind set of less complexity in order to deliver to market faster.

2. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Opportunities for advancement.
    They have the best software in the market, making work very easy and user friendly.
    It is a good, strong company that invests lots of money in their R&D and in their software.

Cons

It's hard to transfer between departments. The compensation could be better compared to credt unions but you can negotiate a substantial amount if you are skilled at it. You get to deal with many angry customers. They are rigid about how they measure performance so you end up sounding robotic when talking to customers.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to transfer to other departments without relying on manager's for complete evaluation. When an employee is good managers can stand in the way of advancement.