There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

B of A an excellent company to work for...but will it continue to be in the next year?

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Bank of America provides excellent benefits to their employees. My husband and have taken advantage of their tuition reimbursement program, with a value upwards of 20,000. I have great insurance, consistently receive praise from supervisors and management, have three weeks of paid vacation annually, and was offered a promotion after only 6 months with the company.

Cons

I'm somewhat concerned about upcoming changes at Bank of America given the economic climate and their recent acquisitions of other companies. The recently discontinued a 'Spirit Rewards Program,' which was used in the past to award employees for various successes. For example, I was awarded about 7,500 points in the past year which I used to purchase 350 dollars in gas card gift certificates. Additionally, hours have been cut back and there's talk of layoffs.

Bring back the Spirit Reward Points, and find ways to maintain the hours promised to employees hired before this economic crisis.

6754 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Employees enjoy the work at program offered at BOA

Current Employee - Technology Project Manager - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technology Project Manager - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

BOA is amazing with the flexible work life and work at home programs they offer. The also have all jobs posted online giving you the opportunity to easily post for them. Several recognition programs exisit and each team meeting is started with recognition to team members.

Cons

Demanding and forever changing processes. It seems as soon as they roll out a process they have a change to it.
    Recently BOA has cut back on a recognition program that the employees valued due to expense reduction. Benefit offering for health care are very expensive, other employers offer the same package with out the hefty price tag offered by the bank.

Although changes is a constant we should evaluate our process with the mind set of less complexity in order to deliver to market faster.

Creative Destruction makes a company lean and mean, but it's no fun after a while.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

BofA is a large and stable bank that will survive this credit crisis.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, mostly due to what is happening in the industry. BofA has succeeded via a growth-trough-acquisition strategy. The downside for associates is that every acquisition includes restructuring and layoffs. The Merrill merger alone will cost 30k-35k jobs.

Enough with the acquisitions already! Sometimes I think you do this to stroke your egos. Bye the way, growth through acquisition is not a sure thing. Just look how well it went for Sandy Weill when he built up Citi.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America