There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great - get super depth and breadth in corporate financial services world

Current Employee - Vice President Senior Marketing Analyst  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Vice President Senior Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diversity and breadth of products

Cons

Gigantic place, so manager has to be good in utilizing the best from staff

Make sure to give highest visibility possible to each member of team to the senior-most management possible

6471 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Former AVP/Product Marketing Manager I in Insurance Services

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Excellent compensation and benefits, great volunteer program, overall a wonderful company to work for. I wish I still worked there!

Cons

The company failed to effectively integrate into the Bank of America culture those companies it acquired through various buyouts. The division in which I worked bore very little resemblance to what I I was introduced to during my orientation. In fact, I found myself working with people from two different company cultures, neither of which had the sense of balance or enthusiasm that Bank of America demonstrates in its orientation training. Extremely inflexible culture within their in-house advertising agency (which originated within an East Coast bank with a far more rigid culture). I found the inflexibility and rigid demands too much and, unfortunately, lost my job. I would love to work for Band of America again, but not within one of its acquired companies!

When acquiring companies, make it clear that they are part of Bank of America and need to adapt to BofA's culture, which stresses more balance and rewards.

Not all that it appears to be

Current Employee - Customer Service & Sales II  in  Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service & Sales II in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee discounts, nice cafeteria, co-workers are supportive

Cons

In reading the first several pages of reviews, it appears B of A is a great place to work...It might be if you are not in a call center or higher up on the 'food chain' with the company, as were some that posted reviews. As for employment in a call center at B of A, it is not all that great. When hired I was told holidays were alternated between sites- haven't had a holiday off yet, unless it was a scheduled day off. Sure, they pay you for the day, whether or not you worked but it would be really nice to spend a holiday with my family. Upon hire they give you 3 weeks vacation- trying to take the time is a real chore. Then they have this thing called occurances that is associated with your sick time- so whether you take one day or 4 consecutive days off sick it is counted a one occurance. That means if you call off sick on Monday go to work on Tueday then call off sick on Wednesday- that counts as two occurances. After so many, they will fire you...strange set up. During your scheduled work hours- you are timed everytime you log off to go the bathroom- if you are gone too long, you will be told to take if off your next break~ I understand this is against labor laws. Be prepared to be tied to your desk and monitored on everything you do from the time you step foot in the door..It is true that nobody in this company is on the same page; you can ask four different managers the same question and you will get four different answers. I find the majority of management is not what you would expect- the women are the worst. My advice is if you decide to take a position at B of A- stay out of the Customer Serivce and Sales department- what is expected of an employee in this department in truly unreasonable. Do not buy into the 'incentive' ploy- very few get incentive, practices and procedures are at times, unethical. Yes, there is room for advancement, however you need to be with the company for at least 1 year before you can apply for another position within the company- note: you have to apply- you will not be promoted. Work environment is quite ridgid; I find it to be an unhealthy environment all around.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!