There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Community minded organization with a lot of wheels in motion

Former Employee - Vice President in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Vice President in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working from home. Great teammates and plenty of community reinvestment opportunities.
Recent refocusing on the Customer experience and making banking simplier and straight forward.

Cons

Large company with plenty of layoffs over the past few years. Not a lot of career direction assistance, it's every man or woman for themselves. Seems as though they would rather get rid of a top Associate rather than retrain and place elsewhere in the organization.

Advice to Management

Try to hang on to your talent. Invest in good people, don't just discard them like yesterday's news.

reviews filtered by
  1. Enlightening and interesting

Current Contractor - Security Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Security Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Some very smart people who work diligently at their profession. Lots of resources available to help perform your job. Cutting edge as far as innovating for security against emerging threats.

Cons

Somewhat political environment. You are a 'resource' and not a person to upper and middle management. Appears as a somewhat chaotic organizational structure until you have been around long enough to grasp the complexities.

Advice to Management

Allow more input on resource management and needs from the lower managers who have "boots on the ground" and kknow what the business needs.

2. Perfect place to work if there were simply more locations in our area.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in College Station, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful support from our immediate managers. EXTREMELY family friendly and accepting. Compensation is comparable and benefits are second to none! If we could simply put in more locations in our area, I would give my company a 100 out of 100. With more locations, there would be NO better place to have a career.

Cons

Few locations in our area. We are competing with Citi, Wells Fargo, and Chase who each have at least 4 to 8 locations in the area. Our local credit union has 5 locations now. We are the ONLY branch in the area. I've personally heard from more than 10 clients who have a net worth of over 1 million who have closed their accounts due to a lack of presence in South College Station, TX. They assured me that if we were to build even a small location in their area, they would bring ALL of their business to Bank of America. We have wonderful products and the best associates. We deserve to be represented by a larger footprint in the Bryan/College Station area.

Advice to Management

Bring more locations to the College Station/Bryan, TX area!!! We have over 150K people in the area and we have 1 branch and 3 ATMs!!! The south side of College Station is growing RAPIDLY with high net worth potential clients. These are people who have steady jobs that are grossing over 200K per year. Every other branch in town has at least 3 branches including representation in S College Station. Also, place an ATM on campus, and a few in Bryan, TX that will accept deposits.
    Again, we have the best associates offering wonderful products to our clients. We DESERVE better representation in the Bryan/College Station area. Our clients DESERVE better service locations.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America