Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Good part time job

Former Employee - Teller in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Teller in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours were very flexible, the managers allowed all the students to work around their school schedules. Good benefits: health, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement. Quarterly bonuses (it's not much, but better than nothing). Good atmosphere and coworkers. If you perform well, you will be rewarded with a higher raise.

Cons

It can get boring doing the same thing everyday. Quarterly bonuses are at the discretion of the branch manager, so they may play favoritism and distribute bonuses unfairly. Turnover is high, no one at my branch stayed for over 2 years.

Train managers better. When I first started there, management was fantastic. But after some of them left, we were left with mediocre managers.

7159 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

mortgage underwriter

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

location is great, nice people, great training, recently the underwriters changed from being one of the customer contacts to not having customer contact, they really want employees to stay, so they're treating us well: massage day, hotdog day, snack day, etc. Annual performance bonus and annual bonus for staying through December.

Cons

three months of training to tell me what I already knew, but not to tell me how to use their computer system on a daily basis. Not using my full potential- I have a DE but I'm only a conventional uw here

Use the talent you have

A standard corporate environment

Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of internal opportunities, and employees can have a large collection of training resources.

Cons

Because of the size of the company, everything has a process and these processes are often less optimized. There are a lot inefficient conversations/emails going on. And like any other company, the compensation structure is too biased toward a small group of higher level people, un-proportionally. I really don't think management deserve that much money when they do something correct, because they seldom take any strike when they make things wrong (which is more usual).

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America