There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

This company can not get out of its own way...stay away

Former Employee - Commercial Lender  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Commercial Lender in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some very intelligent people that you can learn a lot from. Benefits are pretty good with a relaxed environment where customers come first. You will definitely learn a lot of new things by working here.

Cons

Morale and pay/bonuses are down from the good old days. Management needs to right the ship before it sinks. I have heard that the competition offers a lot better opportunity for its employees. I almost wish the bank got broken up into smaller pieces.

Look to your employees to get some ideas on how to make the bank more profitable and competitive. Please bring back the gold old days by making some good smart decisions.

6472 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Started great than reality caught up

Current Employee - Sss  in  Davie, FL
    Current Employee - Sss in Davie, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits and hours of operation

Cons

everything else, lack of pay

good luck!

It all depends on what department you are in.

Former Employee - Unwriter  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Unwriter in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked in the credit dept and the loss mitigation departments at bank of America. The credit department was tedious work but was well run and I was treated fairly. This review is not in regards to the credit department. BOA has good benefits and offers a lot of time off, more than most places. It was a good place to gain some experience.

Cons

Loss mitigation was extremely chaotic as it was a new department. The department has lost 40% of its employees to other banks in the area due to employees being dissatisfied. Being undervalued is commonplace and once employees have had enough management will attempt to dissuade employees from quitting by saying negative things about the competition.

Value your employees. Justify your actions. Do not expect to be respected if you do not respect your employees. Do not tell your employees they are just lucky to have a job if you want people to perform well. Learn the proper way to motivate your employees. Do not become angry and bitter when the good employees seek better opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!