Salesman will love Bank of America

Current Employee - Teller  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I joined Bank of America about seven months ago as a Teller, and I am shocked by how much I have enjoyed working for the company thus far. I work in a smaller branch, which may influence the environment, but my coworkers made me feel as though I had always been there. The management is friendly and approachable, and you can easily and quickly move up within the company. In fact, I've found that here, more than any other place I have worked, the company wants its employees to rise quickly in the ranks. The banks continental reach provides an avenue for me to travel across the nation without the fear of finding a new job.

Cons

Bank of America runs more like a sales company, than bank. Even tellers have sales goals.

You're already the biggest bank in America, if not the world, stop forcing everyone to be a salesman

Other Reviews for Bank of America

Great place to work, but mobility is difficult.

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Bank of America is great. I have not work for its competitor; however, I can say that BOA seems to care for its employees. They set up several events to build team work. We get to meet the officers of BOA and have communication both way. They seems to promote 360 coaching.

Cons

The hours are not flexible and upward mobility opportunity is scarce.

More internal promotion.

Know what you are getting into

Former Employee - Process Design Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

My Work Program allowed me to work from home and gave me a lot of work flexibility. The upside of this is that I could work late (after putting the kids down for the night) or start my day really early. It also made working the weekends more "appealing". THe downside is that I was always "online" so had to work on not working.l

Cons

A lot of job uncertainty, and layoffs. Constant feeling that you need to "prove" yourself against the other team mates in your group as we were forced ranked against each other. This promoted some politic playing in some groups.

Careful not to burn-out your Associates who are left standing.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!