Bank of America

Salesman will love Bank of America

Current Employee - Teller in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I joined Bank of America about seven months ago as a Teller, and I am shocked by how much I have enjoyed working for the company thus far. I work in a smaller branch, which may influence the environment, but my coworkers made me feel as though I had always been there. The management is friendly and approachable, and you can easily and quickly move up within the company. In fact, I've found that here, more than any other place I have worked, the company wants its employees to rise quickly in the ranks. The banks continental reach provides an avenue for me to travel across the nation without the fear of finding a new job.

Cons

Bank of America runs more like a sales company, than bank. Even tellers have sales goals.

You're already the biggest bank in America, if not the world, stop forcing everyone to be a salesman

7159 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Know what you are getting into

Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

My Work Program allowed me to work from home and gave me a lot of work flexibility. The upside of this is that I could work late (after putting the kids down for the night) or start my day really early. It also made working the weekends more "appealing". THe downside is that I was always "online" so had to work on not working.l

Cons

A lot of job uncertainty, and layoffs. Constant feeling that you need to "prove" yourself against the other team mates in your group as we were forced ranked against each other. This promoted some politic playing in some groups.

Careful not to burn-out your Associates who are left standing.

Good place to be an investment banking analyst.

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Great co-workers. Strong and diversified revenue stream. Always pushing to be number 1 in all lines of business. Easy to communicate and share knowledge with product partners. Culture of helping others. Senior managers are interested in developing junior staff and try to push them to take on more responsibility. Good work facilities. On-site desktop support team is helpful. Innovative products are offered in GCSBB.

Cons

So big that individual group performance (let alone individual performance) often goes unrecognized and is lumped in with larger division. Lots of bad press in 2009 lowered company morale. Merger related stress. Exit opportunities limited compared to peers.

Recognize industry groups for their individual performance. Pay your senior managers. Communicate more honestly with employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America