There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Salesman will love Bank of America

Current Employee - Teller  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I joined Bank of America about seven months ago as a Teller, and I am shocked by how much I have enjoyed working for the company thus far. I work in a smaller branch, which may influence the environment, but my coworkers made me feel as though I had always been there. The management is friendly and approachable, and you can easily and quickly move up within the company. In fact, I've found that here, more than any other place I have worked, the company wants its employees to rise quickly in the ranks. The banks continental reach provides an avenue for me to travel across the nation without the fear of finding a new job.

Cons

Bank of America runs more like a sales company, than bank. Even tellers have sales goals.

You're already the biggest bank in America, if not the world, stop forcing everyone to be a salesman

6523 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

As long as you are able to get along with everyone in your branch it is a wonderful company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Teller  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Great benefits package for part time employees they also offer an excellent tuition reimbursement program that I have found to much be better than the leading competition. They reimbursed me for over 7,000 worth of tuition costs only working 20 hours a week and when I left two years later they did not require me to pay it back.

Cons

Really poor management - associate connection

You can more effectively influence associates with positive reinforcement than with negative criticism.

BofA SFA

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful. The opportunity for growth is there if you hunt it down and take your career in your own hands. However, this is uneven based on politics and your 'beginning' point.

Cons

Management not good at managing. Instead they are simply good at their job. These are two distinct competencies that the bank can get wrong.

Listen to your employees more. Provide more coaching, question more but be less accusatory.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!