There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great place to work if you are willing to put in the time.

Current Employee - Banking Center Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Banking Center Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Spectacular benefits. 3 month paid leave when you or your spouse has a child. (YES, the guy gets it too!) Matching 401k, great community involvement, tons of room for growth

Cons

Extremely sales driven even when a "we aren't selling" impression is given. Bonus based on sales numbers so that should answer the question.

reviews filtered by
  1. boa

Current Contractor - Defualt Processor in Irving, TX
    Current Contractor - Defualt Processor in Irving, TX

I have been working at Bank of America as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Culture & Values this base on my personal experiences

Cons

Career Opportunities, and this base on my personal experiences..

don't look at the quantaties , look at the qualities... is the best way to improve your clients satisffactions and the business revenue as well...

2. Bank of America is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in West Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in West Hills, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits, free parking and my immediate colleagues are wonderful. I am blessed to have the best coworkers that I have ever worked with.

Cons

The legacy Countrywide division of Bank of America (BPG) is an absolute sweatshop! They micromanage to the absolutes extreme, the workloads are very excessive, deadlines are unrealistic, and they constantly bug you for status updates. Management expects associates to work late nights, weekends and even on your vacations and holidays. And you get nothing in return for your hard work (except more work of course). Raises are minimal (if there is not a freeze on raises for people making over a certain amount) bonuses are not merit based (so, if you have an incompetent dolt on your team, they get the same bonus as you) and title changes only come with more work instead of more money. And, if you need to take time off during the doctor, they expect you to deduct it from your paid time off (despite the fact that you are working 60+ hours a week for them). This is the most stressful work environment I have ever encountered! Avoid this division of BofA at all costs!!!

Start appreciating the efforts of you associates (or even knowing who they are - they have names and faces, not just employee numbers). You have a lot of very talented people working for you that are working extremely hard for not recognition or incentive. Also, hire more people and stop abusing your employees by working them to death and burning them out!

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America