There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

A lot of change within the company, but it was a great working experience

Former Employee - Teller  in  Mercer Island, WA
Former Employee - Teller in Mercer Island, WA

I worked at Bank of America part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff at banking center and the customers were frequently really friendly. It really depends on which branch you work at and what you do. Our branch was in an area with a lot of business professionals and doctors, as well as retired people, so pleasing them was hard but always really fulfilling.

Cons

too many changes too quickly, a huge amount of BS training and selling the banking solutions can become really difficult if you are not comfortable with forcing that upon people.

6493 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Bank of America is the best company I've ever worked for!!!

Current Employee - Teller  in  Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Teller in Sumter, SC

I have been working at Bank of America part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offers many opportunities to advance in the company rather than hiring externally. They also offer tuition reimbursement for employees majoring in a related field of study.

Cons

All the training is done completely "in-house " and can be a bit overwhelming for the inexperienced.

PMD program

Former Employee - PMD Financiual Advisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - PMD Financiual Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training and continuing education on products and services. They are not at all shy about spending money on trainings; the starting pay is higher than any I've seen for an entry level FA position.

Cons

Really are thrown to the wolves; not very much time to attain the hurdles which start out as being very attainable but then very quickly become exceedingly difficult. Not a very high percentage will make it past the first year of the program. Need a much better structured mentoring program

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!