There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Purging Employees, but keeping the leaders that got them in trouble

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Market size Mostly good people, just in a caustic environment

Cons

Too much focus on internal measures, to justify the leader's job...vs measuring performance for the customer. HR thinks they're smarter than the business leaders....and granted too much power and influence. Poor Change Management practices, leaders implement new changes way too frequently...that way they don't have to be accountable for their previous change project producing promised results. Shell game

Advice to Management

Take a harder look at upper management to understand the root of your issues,

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Bank of Opportunity

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

This company cares about ther employees. You truly see if from upper management(ALWAYS), middle mangement(most of the times) and lower management(sometimes). Senior leaders for a division or line of business invite top producing employees(i have experienced it a few times) for their feedback quartely/semi-annually in a private meeting and hear what's working and what they could do better. That level of exposure and geniune care is rarely seen in ANY major bank. Most larger companies, like my previous BLUE banks don't do this at all!

Cons

Like all big companies, having too many systems or too many policies, can be difficult for employees to acqure, onboard and serve our clients. We need to simplify and streamline our lending process(consumer and small busines). It will make our jobs more enjoyable, we could deliver a much better experience to our clients, and finally we could achieve the lending goals/targets senior management wants to achieve. Finally, reward clients for holistic relationship(investments, consumer, busines) all into one global relationship pricing model, not three.

Advice to Management

Improvements in technologies/products in Global Consumer and Small Business Banking has been GREAT!! in the past year or so, it could be better on the fulfillment end. Lets focus on; lending processes on the back end, paperwork required to close a loan(Insane!!!),we need more fullfilment people wih incentive to close deals with the expectation to give counter offers on deals, NOT straight up declines. We need to make lending easy, simple and straighforward and really competative with every major financial institution (we should NEVER loose deals due to extensive process requirements, fulfillment delays or pricing on a existing client to a major competitor). I say this because our company is a GREAT company, however it could be THE most admired company to work for in the world. I believe that each and every day! :-)

2. bank of america mortgage specialit 3

Current Employee - Mortgage Specialist III in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Specialist III in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

secure for now as need is rising

Cons

not much room for advancement within the department