Good Place To Work in Online/Mobile Technology

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bank embraces use of innovative online and mobile technologies. People looking to work at the forefront of technology (either on the tech or business side) will find many attractive opportunities at the Bank.

Cons

Very complicated place to work. It can be frustratingly difficult to get things done. Expect to spend a lot of time navigating red tape.

Other Reviews for Bank of America

PMD Program

Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great position for someone who is a career changer - you get paid a salary, which is either under 50k, or 50-70k, the salary level you choose will decide what your production hurdles will be. So you can elect a higher base but you will have higher production hurdles. They pay you to study, get your 7 and 66, and Health/Life Insur License. The prospecting and acquiring clients is BRUTAL! Do not kid yourself, the failure rate is extremely high. I have plenty of experience in marketing and it is sooo hard. Looking back I would not have started in this program. I am just hitting my hurdles but dont see this trend able to continue into the coming months as hurdles start increasing. I am contemplating looking for other positions.

Cons

The hurdles for production and huge, and prospecitng is extremely difficult. Cold calling is impossible with do not call lists. No one responds to mailers. Seminar success is very low and those that do want follow up drag their feet. You starve for even small accounts.

Lead generation or some sort of more develop support would be great in terms of marketing and prospecting. The have plenty of resources, but the hurdles still seem unrealistsic.

Very exploited and unsatisfied!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Weston, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for a well known company is always a pro in your resume. I learned a lot working for them. They trained you, they give you all the tools to accomplish what they want you to do.

Cons

Depending on your manager or boos, you might end up at the same position for ever not matter how good you are. If they don't what to grow you are stock. Not even your excellent reviews will help you

Appreciate what employees do for the company and show appreciation for their efforts.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!