Good Place To Work in Online/Mobile Technology

Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bank embraces use of innovative online and mobile technologies. People looking to work at the forefront of technology (either on the tech or business side) will find many attractive opportunities at the Bank.

Cons

Very complicated place to work. It can be frustratingly difficult to get things done. Expect to spend a lot of time navigating red tape.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not a great place cause management is not the brightest

Former Employee - Analyst - Trading in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst - Trading in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good learning and networking opportunities

Cons

very hard to move up, nobody really trying to help you, have to teach yourself, poor management of employees

Advice to Management

Learn to train employees better, people who are young and bright should be given more work and bred to lead

2. PMD Program

Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great position for someone who is a career changer - you get paid a salary, which is either under 50k, or 50-70k, the salary level you choose will decide what your production hurdles will be. So you can elect a higher base but you will have higher production hurdles. They pay you to study, get your 7 and 66, and Health/Life Insur License. The prospecting and acquiring clients is BRUTAL! Do not kid yourself, the failure rate is extremely high. I have plenty of experience in marketing and it is sooo hard. Looking back I would not have started in this program. I am just hitting my hurdles but dont see this trend able to continue into the coming months as hurdles start increasing. I am contemplating looking for other positions.

Cons

The hurdles for production and huge, and prospecitng is extremely difficult. Cold calling is impossible with do not call lists. No one responds to mailers. Seminar success is very low and those that do want follow up drag their feet. You starve for even small accounts.

Advice to Management

Lead generation or some sort of more develop support would be great in terms of marketing and prospecting. The have plenty of resources, but the hurdles still seem unrealistsic.