There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Not a great place cause management is not the brightest

Former Employee - Analyst - Trading  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Analyst - Trading in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

good learning and networking opportunities

Cons

very hard to move up, nobody really trying to help you, have to teach yourself, poor management of employees

Learn to train employees better, people who are young and bright should be given more work and bred to lead

6523 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

PMD Program

Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great position for someone who is a career changer - you get paid a salary, which is either under 50k, or 50-70k, the salary level you choose will decide what your production hurdles will be. So you can elect a higher base but you will have higher production hurdles. They pay you to study, get your 7 and 66, and Health/Life Insur License. The prospecting and acquiring clients is BRUTAL! Do not kid yourself, the failure rate is extremely high. I have plenty of experience in marketing and it is sooo hard. Looking back I would not have started in this program. I am just hitting my hurdles but dont see this trend able to continue into the coming months as hurdles start increasing. I am contemplating looking for other positions.

Cons

The hurdles for production and huge, and prospecitng is extremely difficult. Cold calling is impossible with do not call lists. No one responds to mailers. Seminar success is very low and those that do want follow up drag their feet. You starve for even small accounts.

Lead generation or some sort of more develop support would be great in terms of marketing and prospecting. The have plenty of resources, but the hurdles still seem unrealistsic.

This is a cut-throat company with and emphasis on popularity instead of skill set

Current Employee - Global Policy Lead  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Global Policy Lead in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary was satisfactory for a consultant

Cons

No matter how hard you work and do your job, there is no recognition

Need to remove the good old boy club for this company and need to put an emphasis on skill set to get the job done. Need for senior level managers to regulate the spending activity and management in general of contractors under their wing. Abusive and discriminatory.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!