Bank of America
3.2 of 5 5,991 reviews
www.bankofamerica.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

They succeed despite themselves

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsWhen it was MBNA, it was a great company that I was proud to work for. All "MBNA" associates are strong and have good leadership skills. Pay is good if you worked for MBNA prior to the merger.

ConsThere is no opportunity for growth unless you know someone. Communication and education is useless. The company should be concerned about the growth of the company but the employees are why the company succeeds and very little emphasis is placed on acknowledging the employees and rewarding them for their success. It is a 72 Billion revenue company and they are laying 16k people off, seriously? People have gone above and beyond what was expected. Remember, do more with less, we hear that constantly. Their is so much tension in the air. People are afraid everyday they will get tapped next. There are too many departments that have weak leadership mainly because they are worrying about saving their jobs vs. building career paths or demonstrating good work ethics for their people. It is getting worse each year that goes by. The pay and benefits are the only reason 95% of the people stay. Such a sad place. It is a shame more MBNA leaders didn't stay on board. BOA senior management all the way down to line managers could have learned from them and seen what a true strong leadership team was. They could have learned alot from them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about taking away some of the higher salaries the senior leadership currently brings home so you can keep the 16k you are laying off. They have families too. Remember the people who work 10 plus hours a day to ensure goals are achieved before you pat them on the back and tell them you will help find them a job in 60 days. Your personnel team assisting with severance packages have no sense of urgency. I have seen first hand at their assistance from fellow peers. You have to find the job yourself. Most of these people committed 20 plus years and hit their goals just to have to find another job. I have worked there 20+ years and honestly do not know anyone who truly likes to work there anymore. They are just afraid to say it, they need to feed their families. I wish Bank of America never bought out MBNA. That was a company I was proud to say I worked for not this joke.

Very exploited and unsatisfied!!!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Weston, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working for a well known company is always a pro in your resume. I learned a lot working… Cons: Depending on your manager or boos, you might end up at the same position for ever not matter how… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate what employees do for the company and show appreciation… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Quality employment for someone looking

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I like my job but I also understand it is a sales based job. Some think it is not but the bank is a business… Cons: The compensation doesn't feel adequate compared to the hours spent. The ladder to move while it may be quick can sometimes be counter productive in… Advice to Senior Management: I would tell management to improve the pay scale. While the compensation is adequate I would say with the hours put in and the amount… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.