There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

It's all in who you know.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't say too much good about working for this company, other than I think the entry level pay is higher than most other banks in the area.

Cons

The work is awful. It's mindless and boring. If you plan on advancing in the company you must brownnose your way to the top.

Advice to Management

Be more professional.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very exploited and unsatisfied!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Weston, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a well known company is always a pro in your resume. I learned a lot working for them. They trained you, they give you all the tools to accomplish what they want you to do.

Cons

Depending on your manager or boos, you might end up at the same position for ever not matter how good you are. If they don't what to grow you are stock. Not even your excellent reviews will help you

Advice to Management

Appreciate what employees do for the company and show appreciation for their efforts.

2. PMD Program

Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great position for someone who is a career changer - you get paid a salary, which is either under 50k, or 50-70k, the salary level you choose will decide what your production hurdles will be. So you can elect a higher base but you will have higher production hurdles. They pay you to study, get your 7 and 66, and Health/Life Insur License. The prospecting and acquiring clients is BRUTAL! Do not kid yourself, the failure rate is extremely high. I have plenty of experience in marketing and it is sooo hard. Looking back I would not have started in this program. I am just hitting my hurdles but dont see this trend able to continue into the coming months as hurdles start increasing. I am contemplating looking for other positions.

Cons

The hurdles for production and huge, and prospecitng is extremely difficult. Cold calling is impossible with do not call lists. No one responds to mailers. Seminar success is very low and those that do want follow up drag their feet. You starve for even small accounts.

Advice to Management

Lead generation or some sort of more develop support would be great in terms of marketing and prospecting. The have plenty of resources, but the hurdles still seem unrealistsic.