There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great schedule, and when you understand the job it becomes very easy.

Cons

No growth potential, dead end job. I have been a top performer since I've been here and am no closer to the District Manager(CMM) role.

6723 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

The company comes first!

Current Employee - Vice President, Client Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President, Client Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large somewhat stable company with good benefits. Clients know the name Bank of America and Bank of America or Merrill Lynch have every product or service available.

Cons

Business decisions are made with no thought to effect on associates or clients. This is not a place I would describe as client focused. Very hard to have a good client experience these days.

Spend more time fixing processes at Bank of America. Very hard to do business.

Worthwhile

Current Employee - Modification Underwriter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Modification Underwriter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Low level managers are good to work with and encourage having fun while at work. Overall the environment and my experience has been good (in comparison to other places i've worked). Though the company has posters everywhere indicating the desire to make this "The Best Place to Work". I think the company has a long way to go.

Cons

In the most recent few years, income has gone down significantly. Career path is controlled by the company. Management can squelch any attempt to change jobs. Opportunities to gain certifications are limited to a few so career growth is controlled. Not many opportunities to advance career because company has been shrinking the past few years. Advancement is based on band levels (like the military). However, band levels are inaccurate. Myself having over 7 years of experience and the one training the new kids out of college has a lower band level than those being brought in. They are the ones with the opportunities for growth. Pension was cut.

Reward those who've dedicated more time to the company. Work on the band levels and make them fair. Provide a clear path for growth to allow people to increase in value and demand as they continue their career. Stop cutting benefits and wages while paying your investors and management more based on the increased profit from those cuts.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America