There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Overworked, for mediocre pay but awesome benefits

Current Employee - Part Time Teller  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Bank of America part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefit package, nice having holidays off, offer benefits, sick, vacation time to part time employee

Cons

high turnover in banking centers, constant changing of account fees and rules, care more about numbers and performance then employee's

Actually come to the banking center and see how they operate rather then look at numbers and tell us how we should be operating

6510 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Bank of America

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big player, lots of opportunities.

Cons

Big corporate planners. Plans may not be effective at all branches.

I learned a lot, but could not advance my career outside of the banking center

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The experience of working in a banking center was priceless for my current career. Learned a lot of helpful banking information for my personal use as well.

Cons

Career advancement was not a focus of the company as a whole. The organization is just too large in my opinion. I gained all of my knowledge here, and then ended up having to take that knowledge to another company that actually appreciated it. The pay at BofA is far too low for the amount of stress the employees are put under.

I was lucky enough to have a manager at my last banking center who was very pro career advancement, but that was very rare to find at BofA. She listened to my wishes and career goals, and actually helped me connect with another department within BofA where I would be a great fit. I was able to job shadow there a couple of times, but there were not any job opportunities. My manager actually recommended I look at a different company, which I did, and I got the job. I am very happy in my career now & I owe a ton of that to her. BofA as a whole should focus on the employees who show a lot of potential and do more to help them spend their career with the company, rather than losing great employees to competitors.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!