Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

A humble company, indeed.

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO
Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bank of America is the best company, I've worked for so far, with many many benefits, some including tuition reimbursement, great healthcare options, 401k, up until recently a pension plan, even help with adoption and daycare... These are only some of the pros for associates. Bank of America is the most humble company I've ever known... Giving so much to its communities and not stepping up to shine the light when negative press goes around.

Cons

Bank of America is such an amazing company to work for, as well a great a wonderful financial institution to keep your wealth sage, with many features and benefits and easy ways to avoid fees. I wish more people knew just how philanthropic Bank of America was... Perhaps then they wouldn't think they were the big evil bank out for a profit... But remember like all banks we are a business and have share holders to appease.

The angle at which we "sell" is not to make money, it's merely a means to help our customers realize we are selling a better more financially rewarding educational life for them... When I say sell I do of course mean credit cards, bank accounts, etc. most of which costs nothing to a customer if they are doing their part ( no overdrafts, paying their credit cards off each month, etc.) I wish the management would show more value in the relationship building of our customers rather than their end of day numbers.

7140 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Pretty good, very flexible

Current Employee - Senior Network Performance Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Network Performance Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

VERY flexible on work hours and working from home, even as a contractor

Cons

So big the company gets in it's own way. You'll see that in any enterprise though.

Overall ive had more positive experiences than negative. 5 years with the company.

Current Employee - Strategic Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, monthly reimbursement for childcare(up to $240.00 per child),some good people to establish good relationships.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement depend on rubbing shoulders with the right people instead of relying on good performance. I been fortunate to have great managers but many others cant say the same.

Get rid of favoritism.