There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

A humble company, indeed.

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO
Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bank of America is the best company, I've worked for so far, with many many benefits, some including tuition reimbursement, great healthcare options, 401k, up until recently a pension plan, even help with adoption and daycare... These are only some of the pros for associates. Bank of America is the most humble company I've ever known... Giving so much to its communities and not stepping up to shine the light when negative press goes around.

Cons

Bank of America is such an amazing company to work for, as well a great a wonderful financial institution to keep your wealth sage, with many features and benefits and easy ways to avoid fees. I wish more people knew just how philanthropic Bank of America was... Perhaps then they wouldn't think they were the big evil bank out for a profit... But remember like all banks we are a business and have share holders to appease.

Advice to Management

The angle at which we "sell" is not to make money, it's merely a means to help our customers realize we are selling a better more financially rewarding educational life for them... When I say sell I do of course mean credit cards, bank accounts, etc. most of which costs nothing to a customer if they are doing their part ( no overdrafts, paying their credit cards off each month, etc.) I wish the management would show more value in the relationship building of our customers rather than their end of day numbers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company

Current Employee - Customer Service & Sales II in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service & Sales II in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits - medical, paid vacation, incentives based on performance in addition to base salary

Cons

Occasional stress, ever changing policies and procedures

2. Treasury Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Holidays and time off are very generous.

Cons

Management often checked out of day to day activities and instead focus time on creating spreadsheets for upper management. Decisions are made without consult from the employees that know the business the best. Can be terminated for small infractions even with 10+ years of experience and exceeds expectations on reviews.

Advice to Management

Better feedback from employees. More loyalty for dedicated workers.