Bank of America

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Kirkland, WA
Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big player, lots of opportunities.

Cons

Big corporate planners. Plans may not be effective at all branches.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. I learned a lot, but could not advance my career outside of the banking center

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The experience of working in a banking center was priceless for my current career. Learned a lot of helpful banking information for my personal use as well.

Cons

Career advancement was not a focus of the company as a whole. The organization is just too large in my opinion. I gained all of my knowledge here, and then ended up having to take that knowledge to another company that actually appreciated it. The pay at BofA is far too low for the amount of stress the employees are put under.

Advice to Management

I was lucky enough to have a manager at my last banking center who was very pro career advancement, but that was very rare to find at BofA. She listened to my wishes and career goals, and actually helped me connect with another department within BofA where I would be a great fit. I was able to job shadow there a couple of times, but there were not any job opportunities. My manager actually recommended I look at a different company, which I did, and I got the job. I am very happy in my career now & I owe a ton of that to her. BofA as a whole should focus on the employees who show a lot of potential and do more to help them spend their career with the company, rather than losing great employees to competitors.

Sub standard benefits and salary

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Hopewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Hopewell, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just the big name in wall street, average pay, good campus. Good junior level associates.

Cons

I have been here for 3 years now and find that work is really more than 45 hours a week with little appreciation and monetary benefits. Also lot of politics internal, big fat at top leve who contribute nothing towards the group.

Advice to Management

Get rid of people who don't contribute to actual work, having traffic cops does not help. Hire people who are good technically and are modest.