Bank of America

Great management

Current Employee - Teller in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Teller in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Bank of America part-time

Pros

Ive worked for many different companies and have learned to expect to meet a manager or two that are fantastic while the others are good but nothing to boast about. So far at Bank of America every manager I have had the chance to meet and talk with, at the branch and market level, have been outstanding. All the managers are motivated and believe in their teams and how they perform. They show genuine concern for their employees and their customers and always ensure that they do everything they can to make both happy. So far it is the best work environment I have ever worked in.

Cons

Although it is a great place to work it is hard to move up out of college. They don't have clearly identified positions for college graduates. The management is mor than willing to work with you for advancement but are just as lost as to where to go as a college grad or how to get there.

Bank of America's "career development" site is extremely good and helpful but inaccessible to branch employees. You can only access the site from the Bank's computers but working at the branch doesn't allow you anytime to actually explore and use it.

6968 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

A humble company, indeed.

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bank of America is the best company, I've worked for so far, with many many benefits, some including tuition reimbursement, great healthcare options, 401k, up until recently a pension plan, even help with adoption and daycare... These are only some of the pros for associates. Bank of America is the most humble company I've ever known... Giving so much to its communities and not stepping up to shine the light when negative press goes around.

Cons

Bank of America is such an amazing company to work for, as well a great a wonderful financial institution to keep your wealth sage, with many features and benefits and easy ways to avoid fees. I wish more people knew just how philanthropic Bank of America was... Perhaps then they wouldn't think they were the big evil bank out for a profit... But remember like all banks we are a business and have share holders to appease.

The angle at which we "sell" is not to make money, it's merely a means to help our customers realize we are selling a better more financially rewarding educational life for them... When I say sell I do of course mean credit cards, bank accounts, etc. most of which costs nothing to a customer if they are doing their part ( no overdrafts, paying their credit cards off each month, etc.) I wish the management would show more value in the relationship building of our customers rather than their end of day numbers.

The group I worked with good.

Former Employee - Team Lead Government Insuring in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead Government Insuring in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Close to home and I liked the managers

Cons

Wanted to move up and you need to wait 1 year before transfering

Let employees move up as oppurtunities arise

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America