Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Benefits are the only thing that keep me there...

Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist
Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bank of America benefits are unbelievably good. I can't believe they haven't taken most away. I am part time and receive two weeks paid vacation and ten paid sick days a year. If i get pregnant i get three months maternity leave and if you are a man you get three months paternity leave a well. The insurance is medical dental and vision and it is cheap!!! Every time i go to quit these are what hold me back. I know i could never beat the hours and benefits.

Cons

The regional managers constantly come to visit breathing down your neck critiquing your every action. They literally stand behind the customer and stare a hole in your face while listening to your conversation. Nothing you ever do is good enough if you make your referral goal-"you could have done much better". You can apply for other positions to move up but unless you know someone you are never going to get it. They have meetings and "teller summitts" which i LOATHE because all it is is you go to a conference room with other tellers in your area and the higher up people call you out embarrass you and make you feel like you are a worthless dime a dozen commodity to the company.

Lay off your employees. You are more interested in making us sound like stepford robot workers and exceeding referrals instead of actually caring about the customer.

7148 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Review

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Salary is ok. Market average

Cons

Culture. Not open to career development.

Too many legacy companies

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

It' s a large firm, so you can easily move around to different teams and have a different experience.
    Depending on your manager, the work life balance is great.
    Depending on the building, your work environment can vary. Some buildings have better maintenance.

Cons

There are too many legacy companies and you can't figure out the culture.
    The morale is low.