Bank of America
3.2 of 5 5,994 reviews
www.bankofamerica.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Unit Manager I

Unit Manager I (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent opportunity to gain leadership and corporate experience. Benefits are first class, many employee focused programs and benefits to tap into.

ConsVery political and difficult to navigate the good ol boy network at times. Salaries are deplorable for mid level managers and front line associates. This often leads to retention problems with the less capable associates remaining longer and having negative impact on the business. Cross functional departments and systems are often convoluted and leads to service issues for internal and external customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore effective execution of the pay-for-performance model. If an associate really wants to increase their salary, they often must leave the company and return a year later demanding a higher salary. While this works in many cases, it creates a negative experience for the both the associate and the company.

Good on the outside, Poor in the inside

Associate (Former Employee)
    Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Gd brand name after taking over ML Cons: Very political, very poor management for treasury in this region,… Advice to Senior Management: Take time to have 360 feedback from the ground on appraisal and it will be obvious some leaders you've selected, is one of the worst… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great benefits but very sales heavy

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Tuition benefits - 3 weeks of vacation - 40 hours… Cons: - Very sales heavy - often with unreasonably high goals -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.