Bank of America
3.2 of 5 5,986 reviews
www.bankofamerica.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Great company with excellent benefits

National Production Support (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsCompetitive salary and benefits. I was in a work from home job the last 2 years employed which really cant be beat.

Cons401k really din't have much in the way of fund selection. I've read that this is pretty much standard for the banking industry. There is just too much money to be made back by offering mediocre funds and hoping you will buy the banks funds which tend to under perform the market and have high fees to boot. They also rely on out sourced labor so be prepared to be jettisoned if they deem you replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI still own BAC stock so keep up the out sourcing and continue to drive profits up but be aware that the offshore labor you hire are contractors. The don't work for the bank. They are loyal to the contractor company that prints their paychecks and will immediately jump ship for a higher paying gig at first opportunity.

Excellent opportunity for hard workers

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Canyon Country, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competitive Pay, Steady Hours and Holidays, Upward Mobility, Recognition for… Cons: Strict Goals, Little Room For Error, Simple Mistakes can cost… Advice to Senior Management: A workers past efforts and success should be considered more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The best employer in my 29 year career. Worked for 7 companies: bank(2), insurance, technology (2), consumer, college.

Data Architect/Data Modeler (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Tremendous opportunities. Very large, complex, and challenging technology environments. Talented co-workers. Team-oriented. Past mgmt (Ken Lewis) great visionary; Moynihan less so. Feds/ regulators… Cons: small fish in a big pond. impossible to impact bottom line… Advice to Senior Management: promote and encourage each organization to create unique, well articulated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.