Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great pay and benefits, low stability

Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Excellent pay
-Reasonable workloads (I don't work more than 45 hours a week, on average ... though this might vary from manager to manager)
-Lots of vacation time
-Lots of holidays

Cons

-Very little stability. It's common for the department to reorganize every 12-18 months. You're likely to have a new manager/team/role soon after you start.
-Low long term stability. Banking - as an industry - is really struggling, and I'm not certain it will improve.
-Low focus on customers. It's not about designing great products and providing best in class service. Most employees just talk about "how can I get this group of people to open more accounts?"

Stop focusing on how to get people to give us more of their income/assets. Focus on how to help customers solve their own personal financial problems. Design great products that people want to have and provide good service, and they'll be beating down your door. BOA certainly has the resources (financial and human) to make that happen, it's just a matter of changing the mindset from "what value can I take from the customer?" to "what value can I provide to the customer?"

7161 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Rich in Benefits, Poor in Salaries

Current Employee - Learning Consultant
    Current Employee - Learning Consultant

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits offered at Bank of America are top-notch: health benefits, 401K + match, tuition reimbursement, charitable gift matches, 10 sick/personal days, 10 bank holidays, at least 2 weeks vacation (incrementally increases the longer you work there), discounts or credits on banking products and services, and they generally support a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

While they have started to offer competitive salaries to new hires, they didn't always, and now have not been able to bring veterans up-to-speed on their salaries. In my case, I make significantly less than my peers who are doing the same job, despite the fact that I have an advanced degree and they don't. It seems to be true that the only way to get a significant raise at this company is to leave for a while and be hired back.

I enjoyed working there very much

Current Employee - Teller in Land O' Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Land O' Lakes, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team environment, All of my supervisors were easy to talk to

Cons

No second chances. you mess up expect to get terminated

be more leniant