There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great pay and benefits, low stability

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Excellent pay
-Reasonable workloads (I don't work more than 45 hours a week, on average ... though this might vary from manager to manager)
-Lots of vacation time
-Lots of holidays

Cons

-Very little stability. It's common for the department to reorganize every 12-18 months. You're likely to have a new manager/team/role soon after you start.
-Low long term stability. Banking - as an industry - is really struggling, and I'm not certain it will improve.
-Low focus on customers. It's not about designing great products and providing best in class service. Most employees just talk about "how can I get this group of people to open more accounts?"

Stop focusing on how to get people to give us more of their income/assets. Focus on how to help customers solve their own personal financial problems. Design great products that people want to have and provide good service, and they'll be beating down your door. BOA certainly has the resources (financial and human) to make that happen, it's just a matter of changing the mindset from "what value can I take from the customer?" to "what value can I provide to the customer?"

6591 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Lots of room to move up, great employee benefits, pay isn't quite where it should be.

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BAC has great health and dental benefits.
    BAC has an employee assistance program which helps you financially if you need it and qualify.
    BAC has a child care reimbursement program which helps make childcare affordable.

Cons

I make a few dollars less an hour than similar positions in other mortgage companies are paid. But if you're someone with kids, it evens out with the childcare reimbursement program.

Please take some time to also listen to front line managers, some managers are extra hard on some of their best employees and don't provide constructive criticism.

BAC Review

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home.
    Challenging priorities.
    Team orientation.

Cons

Rate of change and priorities can be demanding.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!