Bank of America
3.2 of 5 5,992 reviews
www.bankofamerica.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Great benefits. Can be a lousy culture.

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsGood pay scale. Flexible working arrangements. Some smart people who really do try to do the right thing, despite the bureaucracy.

ConsI came over during the Merrill Lynch merger. Since then, I've had several new managers, and never meet any of them in person. There are 400 tools needed to do your job, and it's easy to spend a day wrestling with a tool instead of doing real work. The bureaucracy can be stifling.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor starters, working flexibly and remotely is a FANTASTIC benefit, but loosen up the travel dollars and let project teams get together more often.

Working at a place where a once great culture turned into misery.

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
    Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Bank of America was a great experience, a good mixture of reasonable and unreasonable lower level managers, good chances to prove… Cons: Weak salary, competitive, but not collegiate about it, everyone is a number. Doing the right thing was not as important as doing the best… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A decent experience but could use much improvement

Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great brand name, bulge bracket experience and solid deal flow.… Cons: Bad work/life balance, office politics, poor placement at buyside shops No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.