There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Too big, but unfortunately often still fails

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bank of America has good benefits
Well capitalized so has the potential to build great things

Cons

Bureaucracy slows down innovation
I found that many business people could sometimes know less than the technology staff - this was especially true in the risk organization
Wasted money on projects with bad design using purchased products that were expensive, and not needed (often < 10% of products functionality was used)
Often it was difficult for people to move up the company if they weren't in the "right" group of people

6523 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Bullish

Former Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor - PMD in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supreme platform, lots of great investment support, base pay is good so as incentive. You can find connections with other boa employees if you look for outside work activities.
    You will never feel bored at work as FA. As. FA, you get the opportunity to carry a positive attitude to work and build your character through good and bad times.

Cons

Hurdle during first year production is easy but tough in year 2 or 3unless you are lucky to find a senior FA to team or from wealthy family. I got the bull award, exceed hurdle constantly but still not able to feel secure in pursuing my goal.

Perhaps only less than 10 percent of PMD can graduate, please spend more time with each PMD apart from spending the only hour with them before they end their journey.

It's great. I've been working there for almost a year and I love my job as a teller!

Current Employee - Teller  in  Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Teller in Warren, MI

I have been working at Bank of America part-time for more than a year

Pros

I'm young so I can relate to a lot of the customers in many of our products.

Cons

Different client-ell can be hard to keep up with.

Stop pushing so many sales, and stop raising the bar. I understand the bank wants to succeed but I'm sure without all the pushing and pushing on our customers that can still happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!