Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Excellent Benefits and Career Opportunities

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, ability to work from home in some positions, 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave, advancement opportunities, competitive compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, back up child care program, company discounts, etc.

Cons

The environment and culture are definitely big corporate. Sometimes you can feel like just a number. To work here you have to be very comfortable with constant change. Work/life balance is encouraged but it is still a stressful environment with an emphasis on production.

7742 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Too large to fail. You do not have to deliver value or do any real work. You only have to play politics and you will be fine, since it is too big to fail.

Cons

Red taped. Inefficient. Does not reward high performance. Benefits are horrible and they get worst as you make more money. They took away the pension fund.

Hold people accountable

Highly disappointing place to work for

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vacation time was pro-rated and easy to request, also it was the most time allotted for an entry level position that I have ever seen. Proficiency coaches were usually willing to help with any questions and concerns. Paid sick time was a plus.

Cons

Training was usually virtual, not really a hands on experience, the management team worked more like a dysfunctional family and less like a professional and unbiased team. When having issues with my manager I was instructed by the unit leader to try to discuss the issues with the manager myself, we were discouraged from calling advice and counsel or code of ethics even if the issue was sever. Our team leader was horrible to myself as well as other people on my team and upper management did nothing about it. Also as far as the position itself was concerned, we were definitely not paid adequately for the work load under taken and my team especially had issues because our manager was more concerned with power trips and less with helping. Perhaps it would of been tolerable if I had a different manger, however because of the handling or lack there of, of my situation and situations of fellow teammates who felt compelled to quit, I have lost all respect for the corporation. Not to mention the internal processes that were a mess and made it hard to function day to day.

Do a better job of selecting managers and if you increase the workload of employees and have them doing twice the work please make sure that you give an adequate pay raise. Doing two jobs for the price of one is degrading to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America