There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

It is what you make of it...

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and plenty of opportunity to move around the company. The best way to make more money is to move around (which is encouraged).

Cons

Seemingly constant organization changes can be demoralizing as coworkers are let go (especially very strong performers). It can also be frustrating to have to deal with multiple managers and/or jobs (up to 4 in one year for me). You really need to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to change quickly. Benefits have tumbled the last few years.

Advice to Management

Be clear about the purpose for organization changes and ensure it's not being done to boost a new executive ego. Model the behavior you'd like to be seen from those you manage and if you are a "manager of managers" make sure you conduct a skip level conversation with your 2-down at least twice a year. Stay competitive on benefits and support the MyWork (work from home) program.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Moved up withing banking center, but really hard to break into corporate from banking center role.

Current Employee - Banking Center Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Banking Center Assistant Manager

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Values and Culture of bank, Diversity of employees and acceptance and encouragement of diversity, support of work life balance

Cons

Salary isn't competitive even though we are a large bank. Implementation of changes and improvements takes a long time. Training and career development is poor.

Advice to Management

Come out and meet the "face" of your bank, the people working in the banking centers and interacting with your customers on a daily basis. We have the most contact and insight to what our customers think and want. Spend time and effort developing your current work force.

2. Miserable

Current Employee - Treasury Solutions Analyst
    Current Employee - Treasury Solutions Analyst

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have some great co-workers.

Cons

Management seems intent on cost saving at the expense of everything else. More and more of the workload is shifted overseas or to unskilled people at call centers. Our department is always short-handed. The health benefits are continuously getting more costly. They don't seem like they want to pay any attention to smaller clients. Client fees are raised every year. They are plagued by multiple levels of inept management. Terrible systems, lots of busy work to accommodate.

Advice to Management

Your focus on shareholder profits have resulted in good clients and good employees leaving the bank. Time to reverse that trend before there are no profits.