Bank of America
3.2 of 5 5,974 reviews
www.bankofamerica.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Great company to work with!

Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee)
Boise, ID

ProsI started out as a Teller and I was able to move up to a Sales & Service Specialist. I loved the people that I worked with and the customers. The company offers great benefits and products. The company is also great about promoting internally. As an Army wife, it is a good company since it is easy to transfer to other states.

ConsThere were times when I felt like I was being pushed to sale products that were not a good fit for our customers. There is some downsizing in the company. A huge con for me was having to step down and go back to part-time since my position was filled where I moved. That may not always be the case, but it was a huge con for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at where the branch is located and set goals based on that. A customer may not want to drive 30 miles to deposit/ withdraw money. Also, really look at what is being referred, some numbers are made up to by tellers to make themselves look good. That not only is dishonest, but makes the other tellers that are doing their job look bad.

Great opportunities if you know how to find them

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Lots of career opportunities at the company, with endless paths… Cons: Often positions are filled based on who you know through "talent planning" rather than job postings that everyone can apply for. In other cases a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Compliance and risk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company to work for. Great benefits and flexibility. Cons: Many meetings about meetings Whig were counterproductive Advice to Senior Management: Trust in middle management for daily operations decisions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.