Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Too large to fail. You do not have to deliver value or do any real work. You only have to play politics and you will be fine, since it is too big to fail.

Cons

Red taped. Inefficient. Does not reward high performance. Benefits are horrible and they get worst as you make more money. They took away the pension fund.

Hold people accountable

7151 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Highly disappointing place to work for

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vacation time was pro-rated and easy to request, also it was the most time allotted for an entry level position that I have ever seen. Proficiency coaches were usually willing to help with any questions and concerns. Paid sick time was a plus.

Cons

Training was usually virtual, not really a hands on experience, the management team worked more like a dysfunctional family and less like a professional and unbiased team. When having issues with my manager I was instructed by the unit leader to try to discuss the issues with the manager myself, we were discouraged from calling advice and counsel or code of ethics even if the issue was sever. Our team leader was horrible to myself as well as other people on my team and upper management did nothing about it. Also as far as the position itself was concerned, we were definitely not paid adequately for the work load under taken and my team especially had issues because our manager was more concerned with power trips and less with helping. Perhaps it would of been tolerable if I had a different manger, however because of the handling or lack there of, of my situation and situations of fellow teammates who felt compelled to quit, I have lost all respect for the corporation. Not to mention the internal processes that were a mess and made it hard to function day to day.

Do a better job of selecting managers and if you increase the workload of employees and have them doing twice the work please make sure that you give an adequate pay raise. Doing two jobs for the price of one is degrading to employees.

Unorganized company and difficult to wade through politics

Former Employee - GIS Strategy and Policy in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - GIS Strategy and Policy in Addison, TX

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

If you are part of the "in" group, then good job security.

Cons

Some managers are completely unethical, non professional and allowed to treat staff like dirt! Expected to work long hours without compensation then recognition going to manager. Extremely Stressful environment! Hire too many contractors with no thought of moving to FTE. Will use you up!

Organize the Lines of Business and cut down the politics to create a culture of innovation. Staff should be free to bring ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America