Bank of America

Employee Satisfaction and Retention

Current Employee - Personal Banker
Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

ability for job growth and promotions
lots of customer interaction training when first starting in Personal Banking positions
ability to move up in company if you can play the game

Cons

high turnover rate
high expectations
not enough positive feedback or encouragement
micromanagement even when you are meeting and exceeding goals
reduced bonuses/incentive without reduced expectations

Recognize those who have proven themselves, but may not be the loudest. I work in a center where there is another personal banker who is very well known by the market. She has been in the position longer than I have, but I have done as well as or better than she has for the entire year and a half that I have been in the position. There is lots of recognition for the other personal banker. I am always ranked in the top 5 of the market, and frequently ranked in the region. My market team still can't remember my name.

7413 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

They don't hire...

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Benefits are great if you can get hired. On site gym, cafeteria, covered parking garage to keep the AZ sun from ruining your paint.

Cons

Dress code is silly by not allowing any other t-shirt unless it has a B of A logo on it. 30 minute lunch does not allow one to eat anywhere other than in the high priced cafeteria. Temps still working in the building for over 2 years who have perfect attendance & great performance numbers.

Stop hiding the fact that people can dress casual & still perform when corporate execs show up...

Human Resources-Politics at it's best!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

This is a great position. Partnering with senior leadership is very rewarding on many levels. There is a high level of responsibility.

Cons

This is a Fortune 100 company...its politics at its best. There is a chain of command and you must follow it at all times.

Offering a more rewarding work environment to its dedicated employees. Also, tuitiion reimbursement is a joke. Some of the technology is completely outdated.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America